“The Birds are Not Shy!”

$129.69*
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Day Trip from Cairns
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Kuranda
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to the largest single collection of free flying birds in Australia (some 500 of them!), Birdworld Kuranda in the Australian highlands of the Atherton Tablelands displays no less than 75 species of the most spectacular birds from all corners of the planet - as well as from the earth’s fast diminishing rainforests.Visitors are free to wander through the lush, tropically landscaped bird sanctuary to observe the birds in their own specific - yet natural - habitats. Two lakes connected by a tumbling waterfall for example are home to waterbirds such as stilts, herons and Australia’s own unique Black Swan. In Birdworld's rainforest canopy overhead, blue, gold and scarlet Macaws dazzle with colourful brilliance as they soar above the tree tops. One outstanding Birdworld denizen not to be missed is that rare avian giant, the Cassowary - an Australian bird now officially enlisted as endangered.Designed to "create a centre where birds would be showcased in their natural environment without the barriers of cages coming between them and their admiring public", Birdworld Kuranda is a photographer's paradise. (And without those barriers, visitors often find a feathered friend nestling on their shoulder - a golden photo opportunity!) Birdworld Kuranda can provide guided tours for all group bookings.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Las Vegas, Nevada
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“The Birds are Not Shy!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The front desk warned us to remove all jewelry before entering the exhibit. I kept my necklace and wedding ring on (removed my earrings). I also had a hair clip in which I forgot about. I thought they were being overly zealous. We walked in and immediately noticed a parrot sitting on a guys hand while he took photo's. While observing this, a large parrot came and landed on me! It seems he was attracted to my hair clip. He would not leave me. He walked across my shoulders, down arms and even jumped up on my head. He stayed with me almost the entire time we were in the exhibit. He remained on my shoulder as I walked through the exhibit observing other birds. Many were also landing on my husband and teens who enjoyed this greatly! There was a real opportunity to interact with these birds! What a blast!

Sydney, Australia
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Overpriced”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Arrived at opening and went through and saw a few birds and thought it was ok. You get free re-entry with your ticket, so walked through again early afternoon & hardly a single bird was in sight. If I had purchased entry then & if that had been my only chance to go through I would have felt totally ripped off. I think this attraction is only worth going to if you can go early morniing or late afternoon or if you have the time to go through at various times of the day. But regardless, for what is on display, I would say this attraction is overpriced

Mackay, Australia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great assortment of bird life up close”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

It was great to quickly get up close with a large assortment of native and exotic birds in quite a compact aviary. We spent around a hour here and took stacks of photos.

Visited December 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Should be free”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Theres a cupel birds and a very lil (loop) walkway. Was expecting alot more.
Too expensive for what it was should be free

2 Thank Katlg
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“What an experience”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is amazing, you get so up close and personal with the birds. They fly on your shoulder, and feed out of your hand. The macaw is cheeky and hilarious. The staff are friendly and happy to answer any questions. The Avery is massive and the birds look so happy.

Visited April 2013