“Great trail ride, Tim was fabulous.”
Review of Billabong Horseback Adventures - CLOSED

Billabong Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a locally owned an operated horse riding establishment located in Kuranda - a short breathtaking drive over the wet tropics ranges north west of Cairns. We are located on a rainforest property, in a wildlife corridor that is home to many native animals. Our horses are sourced loacally and we currently stable 25 horses of various breeds, and suitable to all riding abilities. We even have ponies for the kids. Our operation is very family friendly, unique and offers a personalised horseback experience to remember. We take out a maximum of 6 riders per group, teamed with guides who have many years of horse riding experience behind them. Whether it be an adventurous ride, a casual stroll, a couples getaway or a family affair, we have a tour, and horses to suit. We operate all year around, and cant wait to share our passion of riding with you !
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had a fabulous experience right from the start. We wanted to take our two children aged 9 and 12 on a trail ride and were offered a 3 hour ride however I was concerned that this would be too long for our 9 year old who had never ridden before. Tom kindly accommodated us with a two hour ride which I did not expect as I can understand this would not always be possible. We were all given great horses who were suited to our abilities and our guide on the day, Tim, was superb, describing the environment that we were passing through and explaining the history of the area. By the end our youngest child was able to have a trot and the way in which he was treated meant the whole experience was positive for him. Tim had the most lovely way with him, neither pushing him beyond his ability or babying him. He was able to go at whatever pace he was comfortable with. We were all able to trot from time to time. The scenery was just lovely. Thank you for a fantastic experience.

There are newer reviews for Billabong Horseback Adventures

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Being a Cairns local that loves the odd horse ride, I can thoroughly recommend Billabong Adventures. Small groups are the best! The terrain is varied and interesting. The property itself is gorgeously laid out. The staff are just absolutely top people that demonstrate the joy of life from turning your what you love doing into your vocation. My daughter and I will be back to take further rides and partake in the horse riding lessons also available at another location.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Wonderful friendly down to earth people, who showed us great hospitality and a fantastic time. We saw some of the most beautiful scenery that Cairns has to offer and what a better way to see it than atop a beautiful well behaved horse. Thank you you for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Thanks Jo and Tim Riley for a great trail ride at Billabong. Even my beginner 9 year old son loved the 3 hours of riding and was trotting confidently by the end. The horses were polite and well-cared for, and the location is gorgeous.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

What an experience!!! From the time the owner picked us up from the hotel to take us to the destination to the drop of back to the hotel after our amazing morning, we were treated so beautifully by all the staff. The owner and the staff were so down to earth and had a great sense of humour. They all genuinly cared and showed an interest in us as a family. I love horses so my family added this adventure to the rest of our tours whist visiting Cairns as an early birthday present for me. What a surprise it was for me when I found out what they had arranged! As beginner riders, the staff showed and explained to us what not to do and what to do. We had time to get to know our horses which I believe was very important. The 3 hour adventure was so much fun. I don't think any of us did not have a smile on our faces for a second. Our youngest daughter got the nickname "giggles" from her tour guide by the time the tour had finished. Half way through the tour we made it to the top where we had breath taking views. We had so many laughs along the way and did not want it to end . Lunch was served and we thought we would be eating on our own. To our surprise, most of the staff had joined us (others were ensuring that the horses were getting water etc) It was so lovely and made us feel like one big happy family thank you to all the staff for such a wonderful experience. We will never forget it and highly recommend anyone to do the 3 hour morning tour. You will not be dissapointed!!! From the Longmore family