“Excellent adventure”
Review of Billabong Horseback Adventures - CLOSED

Billabong Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a locally owned an operated horse riding establishment located in Kuranda - a short breathtaking drive over the wet tropics ranges north west of Cairns. We are located on a rainforest property, in a wildlife corridor that is home to many native animals. Our horses are sourced loacally and we currently stable 25 horses of various breeds, and suitable to all riding abilities. We even have ponies for the kids. Our operation is very family friendly, unique and offers a personalised horseback experience to remember. We take out a maximum of 6 riders per group, teamed with guides who have many years of horse riding experience behind them. Whether it be an adventurous ride, a casual stroll, a couples getaway or a family affair, we have a tour, and horses to suit. We operate all year around, and cant wait to share our passion of riding with you !
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Having done years of both stock and dressage style riding I'm usually a little wary of the classic nose to tail 'trail ride' but Tim and Tom at Billabong certainly showed us a great time! We were a group of two very experienced and three intermediate but confidant riders and were all given horses that we enjoyed thoroughly. 'Patron' was one of the sweetest and most responsive horses I've ever ridden!

We went for a 2 hour private afternoon ride and the trails were lovely, varying from tiny and winding through dense scrub to shallow creek beds and rainforest swathes with clay under-hoof. Our guide Tim was fantastically friendly and accommodating, making sure we got plenty of opportunity to canter (dashing up rocky hills in true 'Man from Snowy River' style!) and also telling us about himself and the unique flora and fauna, jovially and enthusiastically.

The whole 2 hours was single file with no wide spaces to canter together or swap position in the line but surprisingly this didn't detract at all. With a small group it was still easy to talk to and interact from one end to the other.
The Hummer and ATV rides didn't interfere much either, just a faint engine hum in the background sometimes.

All in all a really spectacular and unique ride. Super friendly staff, engaged, willing and responsive horses, gorgeous scenery, and best of all the down and dirty 'outback' aussie feel to the whole thing.
Thanks for a superb time guys!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We recently went horse riding with Billabong Horseriding Adventures and had a fantastic day, I was a little concerned at first about going riding as my children 8 and 12 had never ridden before, but I had no need to worry as the guides were wonderful, thank you girls for looking after my children so well, they had an absolute ball and said they will never forget this day.

Tom taught me alot about the (RAIN)-Forest (didn't you Tom) lol just a personal joke as I wasn't keen on going riding in the rain but Tom assured me we would still enjoy our ride even if it continued to rain and when Tom turned up in the bus the rain magically stopped so I am very very glad I didn't cancel the ride. Thanks for a great day Tom.
I would highly recommend Billabong Horseridng Adventures to anyone, you will have a great ride.
Jenny,Chantelle & Shannon

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We did the afternoon ride and had a fantastic time. We were a varied lot ranging from never ridden to experienced and we were all well accommodated. Our guide was awesome and I enjoyed the scenery. Really nice setup.

We were on a very tight time schedule and when we arrived back late they called ahead for us to Skyrail to say we were on our way so we didn't miss our booking.

I would recommend taking a bottle of water, I wish I had done. The bar looked very inviting pity we were racing off to a Skyrail booking :)

Thanks Billabong, great afternoon ride that we all enjoyed.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our family made first ever visit to Cairns in June. Had amazing experience with Billabong Horseriding. The instructor are very friendly, and teach us very well how to ride the cute horses for our first time. We enjoy very nice rainforest and scenery. BBQ lunch also very yummy. After the tour we get to pat and feed Kangaroos. Very exiting trip when holiday in Cairns. Thank you

Thomas V, Manager at Billabong Horseback Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Xengfu

Thank you for your recent visit and your review. We are happy to have made your first horse riding experience such a happy and exciting adventure.

We look forward to having you visit again in the future :-)

The Billabong Team

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé have done a few daytime tours but never a sun set one, when we arrived at the riding centre and seen the horses we knew that we would enjoy this tour.

The tour was just what we needed a nice relaxing experience with good horses a real friendly staff who new what they were doing.

P.S watch out for the drop bears lol