“Billabong Horseback Adventures”
Review of Billabong Horseback Adventures - CLOSED

Billabong Horseback Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a locally owned an operated horse riding establishment located in Kuranda - a short breathtaking drive over the wet tropics ranges north west of Cairns. We are located on a rainforest property, in a wildlife corridor that is home to many native animals. Our horses are sourced loacally and we currently stable 25 horses of various breeds, and suitable to all riding abilities. We even have ponies for the kids. Our operation is very family friendly, unique and offers a personalised horseback experience to remember. We take out a maximum of 6 riders per group, teamed with guides who have many years of horse riding experience behind them. Whether it be an adventurous ride, a casual stroll, a couples getaway or a family affair, we have a tour, and horses to suit. We operate all year around, and cant wait to share our passion of riding with you !
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I love horses ... so when we vacation, I almost always take a ride. Thie is undoubtedly the best one I have ever done ... it even tops riding along the beach in Mazatlan, and swimming in the water in the Carribean with horses. Why? The guide was wonderful, and the horses were VERY VERY well maintained - beautiful animals. There was love for them, that is sure - no starved look, well behaved, good equipment.

There are newer reviews for Billabong Horseback Adventures

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My 11 year old daughter (never ridden a horse before), and myself had a ball at Billabong. We went on the half day tour and because they only cater to small groups, there was just one other rider, us, and the guide. It was very personal and the four of us had a fantastic day. Ceanne, the guide was informative, knowledgeable and very friendly. The views through the rainforest were superb and my daughters first experience on horseback was everything she had hoped for. The horses were placid and well behaved but so obviously well cared for. The actual ride lasted for three hours and then we were given a BBQ before heading off home. We were picked up and dropped off from the northen beaches (40 mins away) at no extra cost. We both agreed it was the best day of our holiday.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

What a fantastic day! Not only was I impressed by the professionalism of Tom and his crew, but also the very obedient horses!! For the first time ever on a trail ride, I was able to control the horse completely - even though I could see that Leo was desperate to canter, I held him back and he remained at a trot. I am not a very experienced rider but felt confident knowing that I had control of my horse.
Tom was a wealth of knowledge on the ride providing a commentary of the surrounding rainforest and scrub land. I highly recommend this to anyone visiting the Cairns area.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

the guides gave good instruction, the horses were responsive, the scenery was beautiful and my 12yr old daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our ride - she got cantering experience which is usually restricted to an arena during lessons. I have had many years experience with many different horses and I really enjoyed it.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and myself joined the afternoon trail ride, mid August this year. We were travelling around Australia, and this was one of the things I was looking forward to the most!!!
I had experience, as I had horses 20yrs ago, but my hubby was a beginner.

We listened to a very good description of the horses, and had a thorough explanation on safety, and common sense before we went for our ride.

Being a larger lady, I was hoping the horse would be ok!! :) And I should not have worried!
I rode an amazing horse named Rocky. He was an ex-mustering horse, who had plenty to give, but came back underneath me as soon as I asked. I fell in love. He was so smart, but so well behaved. We became 'one' after about 15mins. He knew what I wanted, and I could read him too. Such a great mount, and very sure footed.

There was no barging, no rearing, no nastiness from any of the horses. All were very happy, bomb proof, with amazing personalities and temperments.

My hubby was on a sweet horse named Shrek. Another very quiet and trustworthy mount.

We went through some of the most beautiful rain Forest, through creeks and river beds, up and down hills, and all our horses were easy to pull up and control.
I swear, I have not had so much fun in a long, long time. If we were to come back, I would be heading straight for this place. The horses are well cared for, not run into the ground, and are loved by the owners. Makes for a very happy ride!

I have shared our experience with many others, and you surely should not miss this place if visiting Kuranda, or Cairns!!! And what a fantastic place for a Wedding..this place is pure heaven!!

Thanks guys! We had a ball!!!