“Camping break - good fun”

Lake Somerset Holiday Park
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Just spent 3 days camping with friends here. Unpowered site, was lovely. Water both sides of us, clear flat ground, kids had a ball being free and cycling around. Was busy (queens holiday weekend) but didn't feel squashed in.
Not cheap, but top spot. Defo will return!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent experience. It is wonderful to hear that you and your family had such a great time over the weekend, and that you have already decided to return.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed in a lake View cabin for 4 nights.
I found the staff very helpful and friendly
The cabin was clean and stocked with everything u need possible didn't have to take anything other than clothes and food. In the evenings I spent most of my time on the back deck overlooking the lake enjoying a few drinks. I walked around the park and if u have a caravan, motorhome or tent the park certainly has the space to accommodate. I took my jet-ski to Lake Somerset and the boat ramps were a nice gentle slope which I have a sedan car and had no problems getting my jet-ski off and onto the trailer had a great time. I definitely go back again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at Lake Somerset Holiday Park. It is wonderful to hear that you found our Lakeview Villa was ideal for a comfortable and relaxing holiday, and that you enjoyed some time on the beautiful Lake.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a great 4 days at Lake Sommerset Holiday Park, found staff very helpful and friendly.
Ammenties were clean and quite new. Fishing was great plenty of fish. We would definately go
there again.We had our own camper and there is plenty of room for powered and unpowered vans, camper trailers and tents.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian C

Thank you for coming to stay with us, and for writing this lovely review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our location and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Congratulations on the catch! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We stayed in a Lake View cabin for 4 nights. This the second time we have stayed at Somerset Holiday Park and have always enjoyed our time there. The cabins are comfortable, clean and stocked with every utensil imaginable for cooking indoors or a barbecue . Even though I don't fish my husband enjoyed going out in the boat with friends. I was happy to go for a walk around the lake and to sit on the verandah reading. Nights were spent sitting around the fire after dinner having a few drinks and a laugh. People who stay there are relaxed and it is easy to make friends. Staff are very helpful This is a great holiday spot for anyone who enjoys boating or fishing. If you have a kayak take it with you it is a magical place and safe.

Room Tip: If you are not in a caravan or camping the Lake View cabins are a great option . Might be a bit exp...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Sounds like you had a pretty amazing experience at Lake Somerset! We appreciate you taking the time to write your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

It was awesome! Had two nights and 3 days there absoulte lovely would defintaly reccomend it to anyone :) Its great just to sit around the fire with marshmellows and relax, and the fishing was great! Well go again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Thank you for leaving this great review and recommendation!

We are delighted to read you had such a wonderful experience staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you visit again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Going here for the first time I was a bit nervous about the crowd factor due to the fact we usually camp up the beach on our own & being Easter, I wasn't let down by the volume of people coming in. After getting my head around the whole thing & having a few beers I started to relax. The kids had a great time & it was good to just let them go & do their thing. We caught red claw & kayaked ect & overall had a good time, Would we go back, yes but on a quieter weekend

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

We appreciate you leaving this lovely review of your recent stay. We are pleased to see that you were able to relax and enjoy your holiday, and that the kids had such a great time!

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This was my first time and I enjoyed it but it would be better suited to those who love to do anything on the water, like boating, fishing, jetskiing etc. I don't have a boat and I don't like fishing so there wasn't much for me to do. There is free putt putt for the kids which is great. They have a shop and sell ice so you can get anything you need there, and Kilcoy is only a 5 minute drive up the road. It is also about 40kms from Caboolture.

I camped with my son and a friend and her daughter. The facilities were good, plenty of showers and toilets around, a playground, and a BBQ area. It was noisy at night, people talking and playing music and babies crying and people coughing so if you are a light sleeper, take ear plugs!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Officer at Lake Somerset Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent stay at Lake Somerset Holiday Park. We are pleased you had an enjoyable experience despite not making it out on to the Lake; sometimes it is just nice to put your feet up and relax while enjoying the views!

We hope you will return again soon.

Been to Lake Somerset Holiday Park? Share your experiences!