We stayed in safari tent 1 and had an amazing time! We arrived Friday night and left on the Sunday afternoon and loved it. The safari tent area is for the occupants of the 4 safari tents only which means no one can camp in front of you and you wake up to a spectacular view of the lake and have your own BBQ area away from the main amenities. Picnic tables aplenty, boat ramp right next door to launch. Amenities block close by. Safari tents and grounds very clean and tidy.
- Safari tent bed incredibly comfortable with and AMAZING view when you wake up in the morning!
- Very clean and tidy, cups, kettle, fridge with mini freezer, doona's, pillows etc
- Seriously great location. Safari tent 1 is located next to the boat ramp which is busy in the morning but we were awake anyway and had mid afternoon naps with very little noise drama
- Fire drum right in front of tent
- Completely uninterrupted view of the lake from the tent and balcony
- Plenty of space inside
- Amenities clean and tidy. Toilets always stocked with paper and hand soap.
- FREE HOT SHOWERS!!!
- BBQ areas we noticed seemed to get cleaned every night or morning so every time we went there it was clean.
- Friendly staff
- Bins are only located at the front entrance a few minutes walk away so nowhere to place rubbish
- Not all amenity blocks open during off peak
- Firewood a bit pricey, $15 a bag which will only last a few hours so suggest you bring your own
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Somerset Holiday Park is located on the shores of Lake Somerset, centrally located between Brisbane, Toowoomba and the Sunshine Coast. It is a short 10-15 min drive south of the nearby town of Kilcoy and you can launch straight off the bank onto thousands of kilometres of pristine lake. Lake Somerset Holiday Park offers a relaxed 45 hectare family friendly environment for camping and water sports, providing camping sites, modern amenities, electric BBQs, 2 boat ramps, sporting oval and a kiosk stocking drinks, snacks, ice, gas and limited grocery items. Ideal accommodation for Lake Somerset fishing holidays or water sport getaways. Renowned for premier angling, Lake Somerset is a great place to have your next fishing holiday. The waters surrounding Somerset Dam are home to a host of fishing delights, all waiting for you to explore. Our camping and backpacker facilities and family holiday cabins cater perfectly for any type of water sports or fishing holiday in the Lake Somerset/Somerset Dam area. Lake Somerset Holiday Park's patrons are often seen undertaking water sport activities such as waterskiing, wakeboarding, flyboarding, sailing, kayaking and canoeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Lake Somerset Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Somerset Holiday Park Australia/Kilcoy