“Best value in FNQ”

Flying Fish Point Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Innisfail
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Adelaide, Australia
“Best value in FNQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

It is certainly worth the slight detour from Innisfail to visit this cafe. The best value meal we had had on our 8 day holiday to Pt Douglas and Cairns and we had dined out every night at some of the supposedly "best". I had the fish grilled and it was beautiful, juicy and flavorsome with heaps of salad... which was not extra and not just a lettuce leaf! Highly recommend

• Visited June 2013

Ourimbah, New South Wales, Australia
“Best fish and chips. Ever.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am from Sydney and was visiting a mate in Cairns. He took me on a tour one day down to show me some highlights of north qld. We made a pretty big detour to visit this cafe, as he said it had the best fish and chips in Australia. A huge call, which I said he better not let me down on. Well he didnt let me down. Honestly the best fish and chips iv ever had, and I've had alot in my life. Im still giving a good review despite the very rude owner. He asked if we wanted eat in or takeaway, and we said we'll eat here but dont worry about plates we'll just have the paper bags to save him cleaning up. After we received our food we sat down to eat, and he came over and asked what do we think we are doing? We said sorry is there a problem? and he said you ordered takeaway, you have to go eat somewhere else. Even though the place had no other customers. We apologised and said we only ordered take away to save u cleaning up, and he said the takeaway price was cheaper and we must pay for the privledge to eat here. Have never met someone so rude to paying customers, so we gladly walked across the road and ate at the park. I still rate it the best fish and chips ever, despite the jerk owner.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Michael S
Flyingfishpointcafe, Owner at Flying Fish Point Cafe, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thankyou for the wonderful comments on our Fish and Chips, I do take pride in the quality of our seafood. I would like to explain the Dine in or Take Away please. You may have noticed I have a great many staff. Add to this Sunday and Public Holidays the wage outgoing each week is substancial. As with many Cafes I chose to divide the Food to T/A or Dine in with the T/A a substancial saving for my customers. In my early days here I did allow a customer to have there T/A on the deck with the result the next customers demanding the same. The margins in the food industry are not great and for me to keep supplying the Fish and Chips you enjoyed has resulted in this decision. I would also like to add I do try to handle the explanation for the difference with the menu as best I can and always with a polite and courtious manner, apologies should I have sounded anything other.
Bundaberg, Australia
“Flying fish delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

What a nice place to eat :)
The owner and his workers are just so nice, the food was just wonderful and the service was spot on. and you can't beat the view :)
A excellent restaurant/cafe.
A credit to the owner and his children

1 Thank didgey
Sydney, Australia
“Top fish and chips.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Picked up some basic fish and chips when passing through. Top quality. Fish tasted fresh and delicious. Chips were excellent. Lovely beachside spot, top - well worth detouring off the highway for a look.

1 Thank samdukes
“Hidden gem of a cafe/bar at Flying Fish Point, QLD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Got a little lost coming out of the tablelands on my way back to Cairns. Followed my nose and ended up and Flying Fish Cafe nestled at the mouth of the Johnstone River.... Bloody incredible little cafe with adjoined bar. The food, service and value was exceptional with great views down the coast and a playground across the road in the park for the kids. This is a little gem of a place that was definitely worth the drive!

2 Thank BigHoody