“Return visitors”
Review of Black Marlin Motel

Black Marlin Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Innisfail
Reviewed July 20, 2014

It had been close to 10 years since my last stay at the Black Marlin, and it was a pleasant surprise to find Sue & Col back at the helm. The newly furbished rooms are great. Sue does great meals, tasty and filling! Cut lunches for us workers also hit the spot. Hope we can get some more work down that way so we get to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kevin T
There are newer reviews for Black Marlin Motel

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed at Black Marlin for 1 night on a driving holiday. Innisfail is in beautiful part of Queensland. A shock when we first saw Motel but rooms very clean & beds comfortable.
The owner extremely helpful. Recommended a very good restaurant nearby.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Recently my 3 small children and myself had the pleasure of staying at the Black Marlin for 2 nights whilst visiting friends in Innisfail. As you can imagine travelling with small children is a nightmare, new places/ sensory overload etc, but the Manager Sue made both my children and I feel like a member of the family. She cooked us a beautiful breakfast both mornings and supplied the children with extra cookies, ( to their complete delight). The kids couldn't get enough of the pool, and I was ecstatic to discover the free wi-fi, (kids + iPads = quiet time). The rooms were beautifully decorated, very clean, and very comfortable. Overall we had a great stay and I am more than happy to recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through Innisfail. The only negative is that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I am a regular traveller that lives in transient accommodation approx. every two weeks, so my experiences with top quality service, rooms, facilities, food and friendly staff are varied. I must congratulate Susan and husband (Owners) on all of the above. I was welcomed as soon as I arrived and was relieved to walk into - my appealing, comfortable, modern and well appointed room that felt like I was right at home. Breakfasts incredible, Dinners even more amazing - I looked forward to clocking off from work because I found myself daydreaming about the culinary delights that Sue was preparing after a long day. Thank you again to you both for a fabulous stay and your hospitality was unrivalled. Now that I'm HOOKED onto "The Black Marlin) pardon the pun - I look forward to returning again very soon. Sincerely Ryan

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Fantastic motel in a great location, lovely fresh clean rooms. Recently renovated. The staff are very helpful & friendly.
Definitely a winner :-)
Innisfail is in a beautiful part of the country, so many hidden gems to see :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at the Black Marlin last week for 2 nights with my two sons. The accommodation was pleasant, comfortable and very clean, it appeared to have new furnishings and the service was second to none. The lovely manager there Susan was kind and very approachable, helping to direct me and my boys about town and cooking us perfect breakfast's as well.
The managers were also very nice a social (without being nosey - I hate that!) while we were swimming and also invited my eldest boys to watch The State of Origin with them (very welcoming as my son is a die hard and very loud football fan), and their grandson. This sort of niceness is seldom seen these days. Overall L O V E L Y S T A Y @ T H E B L A C K M A R L I N M O T E L!

Room Tip: There was no restaurant, but the breakfast we had was delicious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was recently in Innisfail on business and stayed at the Black Marlin Motel.
Upon check in the staff were extremely friendly and also steered me in the right direction for some fantastic local seafood.
The room was newly furnished and very clean and comfortable.
An absolutely fantastic motel to stay in and so close to everything.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank tony w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Innisfail
Sanctuary Retreat
#3 of 3 in Innisfail
Barrier Reef Motel Innisfail
Innisfail Accommodation Centre
Flying Fish Point Tourist Park

Been to Black Marlin Motel? Share your experiences!