“friendly place to stay”
Review of Lees Hotel

Lees Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ingham
Reviewed April 20, 2012

first time i have done a review on any place but felt i had to do one on the original pub with no beer.Julie the manager gave me a warm welcome on arrival,the rooms are serviced each day and clean and tidy,its just a pleasant change to find all the staff from the barmaid ,the restaurant staff and the ladies who clean your room,everyone has a smile and nothing is too much trouble.would certainly stay here on my next trip to ingham.if there vwas anything i would suggest would be a small desk to enable me to use my laptop.Laurie T

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Helen P, Owner at Lees Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Laurie, thank you for your kind words,I have passed your comments on to our friendly helpful staff and they really appreciated all you said and that you took the time and effort to say it.

Thank you for the alert on the small desk, we have now made sure that there is one in every single room as well as putting a slightly larger coffee table/desk in the foyer lounge to make it easier to use a laptop there. Once again thank you for your positive comment, it's what helps us keep on making improvements.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Having recently stayed at Lee's hotel, I can say I was very impressed. Not only did the newly renovated hotel look great, but the staff were friendly and the food was great. When we arrived, we had a lovely lunch in the main bar and after that decided to stay the night. The rooms were very clean, well presented and excellent value for money. The dining area had a great feel and the meals were well presented and very tasty. After my stay, it's obvious that the huge effort to make this hotel the pace to stay in Ingham has paid off, and with my regular trips up north, I have secured it in my itinerary. Thanks guys, and see you again soon!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Helen P, Owner at Lees Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is gratifying to know that all the Refurbishment we have carried out over the last 12 months is really appreciated, and of course it is ongoing. Earlier this month we finished the new “hitching rail bar” at the front of the hotel and we've already had the 1st 2 horses tied up there! Actually that was for the reenactment of the “Pub with no beer” story made famous by Slim Dusty in his hit song in 1975. Everybody have a lot of fun, we didn't run out of beer ! and we look for to seeing you on your return. Once again thank you.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

we wanted to stay somewere with real character while site seeing on the way north.just loved lees hotel, comfy beds ,pleasant staff and the food was great, and the wifi was free! we will deffinately stay there on the way back south.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Travel north quite regularly for work, this hotel has gone through an amazing transformation in the past few months. The staff are friendly and courteous and nothing seems too much trouble. The meals are great value and excellent quality. The rooms are very clean and tidy, and the beds are amazing (almost better than mine at home) Will stay there again and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ingham.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We had stayed at Lee's Hotel about 8 months ago, and thought the accommodation was OK.
They were obviously in the prosess of renovating the hotel and you could see the immprovements starting to take place.
This time we stayed there,( December 2011 )the reno's were finished and the place looks Fantastic. If you visit their Web Site you will see what I mean.
We hada great stay, and couldn't speek more highly of the whole experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Henry R
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We had a pleasant experience when staying at this hotel recently. We were welcomed by very friendly staff and the check in process went very smoothly. We enjoyed a delicious meal in the restaurant before retiring to our room for a very comfortable nights sleep. Will certainly be staying at this hotel again when needing accommodation in Ingham.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Henryandcolleen
Reviewed October 12, 2011

One of the worst establishments I have ever stayed at. It started when I checked in. One week previous I had booked by phone, all details confirmed. When I arrived at reception I rang the bell, waited 5 minutes. Finally a disinterested and poorly groomed girl emerged from the bar and when I communicated I had a room booked shrugged her shoulders in a “i don’t really care that you are a hotel guest" kind of way. I was almost about to leave and book somewhere else when she found my details. Any way, walked upstairs to the room, clean queen bed was good but too big for the very small room making movement around the room quite difficult. Bathroom was old, not renovated, the old pink tiles had a bit of a retro feel, but all seemed clean. Next disappointment was dinner. Had the salt and pepper squid for entree. $9.50 for 4 tiny strips of what I assume was processed calimari. Seafoood basket @ $22 was the equivalent of a fried fat fest. Frozen crap served half fried. The people on the table next to me actually refused to pay for their steaks as they were in their words "foul". Needless to say I didn't dine there again. The big topper was on Wednesday night when the PNG barmaid stole money from me twice. $20 given for $5 schooner, $5 change. The first time I let it go, like you do when you think "surely that didn't just happen, it must be me". When the thief struck a second time I fronted her about it. She denied it but returned what she deemed a $10 tip under protest to me – I’m still $10 down for the first drink which I stupidly let go as an “honest mistake”. Lees is a central place to stay but advice to the wary traveller, don’t eat or drink here. – staff are dishonest and inept. I hope the licensee reads this and address the staffing issues, because Lee's would be a great place to stay otherwise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank David C
Helen P, Owner at Lees Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

There has been a hotel on this site since 1875, it is doubtful there has been a worse review than this in the last 137 years. In 2011, after cyclone Yasi, the hotel went through a $1 million makeover to reestablish it to a much higher standard in line with its history of being the original hotel in Slim Dusty's epic number 1 Australian hit ; “the pub with no beer” and of course the only Heritage Listed Iconic Hotel in Queensland. [Ice cold beer is on tap in the sports bar, the lounge bar, and the restaurant]. It would appear that it is only since regaining its popularity that Lees Hotel has received such criticism. However Lees management team accepts completely full responsibility for your review and can only hope that should you return, you will see all the improvements now that the refurbishment is complete and enjoy the food prepared by the 2 full-time chefs. The team's only request is that should you return, and you find anything at all not to your satisfaction, that this time, would you please contact one of the following people who will be happy to assist: the front office manager, the hotel manager, the duty manager, the head of housekeeping or either of the owners who were all in attendance last October.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingham
Tropixx Motel & Restaurant
#1 of 1 in Orpheus Island
Motel Ingham
Motel Ingham
#1 of 5 in Ingham

Been to Lees Hotel? Share your experiences!