It pains me to give this place in such a fabulous location any sort of negative review.Let's start with the good stuff, the location. The view from our 1 bed water view apartment was everything we had hoped for, a glorious outlook that never failed to impress. As you read on, please note that I thought that being a Grand establishment Accor might actually care about what we thought. On return I spoke to their head office and then wrote giving to them the option to reply with at least an acknowledgment of my concerns which I presented as an opportunity for them to improve their reputation with their customers. That was over a month ago so not having heard back I can only assume that they are happy for their reputation for value and comfort to be trashed by allowing their name to be associated with such poor service and quality.Had they responded, these comments would not appear in my review.
The level of customer service at check in here is a disgrace, if you are going to work in tourism in Australia, particularly at this supposed higher end, you need to greet and meet tourists with some level of enthusiasm, how hard is it to smile and welcome us? A scowl making it seem like we are a problem more than a customer is totally uncalled for and does the tourist sector so much harm. Come on people stop moaning about jobs and how tough things are ,at least when we try and support you , you can welcome us. When we left we received much the same, having found a filthy blanket in the cupboard I mentioned that I had left it with our towels to be washed, no thought of an apology or suggestion we should have told them earlier, just a grimace as though we had created more work for them.Back to the good stuff, a strange layout which as the bathroom in the middle of the unit only separated from your bed by a shower curtain is made up for by a balcony with with views out to the ocean. Some might find the area the bed is in a bit compact. The bed was comfortable enough but don't dare ask for more pillows as you will be given a lecture on why they are not available. I also had a farcical conversation when i asked for a second face washer apparently the one bedroom apartments are restricted to only one face washer, like the pillow this was provided after a lecture from housekeeping As I pointed out to Accor, even their cheapest brand hotels provide each occupant with a face washer. The promised swimming pools were very nice, a good choice but the fitness rooms were closed apart from one which had supposedly been refurbished but was in terrible condition, why place signs up lying to your guests?
It's important to add that we did enjoy our stay and we would return, but right now this is not a good example of Accor and I would suggest that if you do visit the fabulous Magnetic Island and you want to stay here try and book this location ( one Bright Point) via Stayz,, you will get the same poor service on check in but at least you will be renting directly from an owner in the block rather than a multinational Hotel group who don''t really care about you once you have paid for your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the character of Magnetic Island reflected in its distinctive architecture, Grand Mercure Magnetic Island offers a secluded sanctuary, with oceanfront accommodation comprising of four buildings nestled around tropical landscaped gardens. Grand Mercure Magnetic Island offers a selection of deluxe one, two and three bedroom beach house style apartments designed to take advantage of uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea and enhance the natural space and lighting with sliding door panels, louvered walls and breezeways and private balconyies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Apartments Magnetic Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Grand Mercure Apartments Hotel Magnetic Island
- Mantra One Bright Point Hotel