We enjoyed our stay and our room which was well maintained. It was on the ground floor overlooking Nelly bay with a pool and spa in view. The pool was one of four pools which we had to ourselves the entire stay. On reading other reviews I feel fortunate that our room was very comfortable and attractive with air con that functioned well in the humidity. I was surprised to find the rooms seem to all be indivually owned and some are managed by the onsite managers and some are not. Again on reading other reviews it sounds a bit like a lottery as to what you get. I would recommend speaking with the onsite managers before making an online booking so as not to repeat the experiences of some of the disappointed travellers. For us we enjoyed our five night stay and would go back but would request the same room. The managers were pleasant and helpful although we had no issues to resolve. The grounds were very well maintained and a credit to the gardener and others who worked long hours in the humidity. The gardener I would see early in the morning would often still be working towards dusk. I feel for the travellers who did not have the lovely experience we had and have no doubt that the conditions vary room to room. Some rooms appeared vacant and unfurnished. There also seemed to be long term and permanent residents on site. I would recommend staying but ask questions first. I would think it better to get a room which falls under the management of the on site manager so they have some authority to address any issues. Thank-you Rita and Eric and team - we had a lovely time and will return. June and Wayne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the character of Magnetic Island reflected in its distinctive architecture, Grand Mercure Magnetic Island offers a secluded sanctuary, with oceanfront accommodation comprising of four buildings nestled around tropical landscaped gardens. Grand Mercure Magnetic Island offers a selection of deluxe one, two and three bedroom beach house style apartments designed to take advantage of uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea and enhance the natural space and lighting with sliding door panels, louvered walls and breezeways and private balconyies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Apartments Magnetic Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Grand Mercure Apartments Hotel Magnetic Island
- Mantra One Bright Point Hotel