After reading the review below I think we must have stayed at a different place. We had a view over the ferry terminal and it was nice seeing the ferries coming and going. I booked through Best of Magnetic, but I chatted with the cleaning staff, reception and the maintenance/garden man, all very friendly and lovely. Maintenance man was always pruning and cleaning not only around the pool area, but all around the resort. He even gave me some flowers that he had cut, which I put in water in my room. I loved the fact there were 4 pools all with awesome views. The one with the spa overlooking ferry terminal was my favorite. We had plenty of toiletries and cleaning products, but there is an IGA that stocks everything you need, including BBQ chickens, hot chips, pies, an array of salads and made up rolls, just a short walk away. Get in early for food and bread, especially rolls. We always managed to find a deck chair around the pool, but I did hear that the place was packed for NYE and that may explain the review below. We knew before we went there was no restaurant on site, no biggie, heaps of places to go and eat, can also get pizza delivered. We hired dvd's from the IGA for nightly entertainment. We had our own bbq on our balcony, so we cooked on them every night. The pool areas also had BBQ facilities. We had a fridge that made ice and cold water, which we used a lot. The only negative would be that the air con could have been colder, but no big deal, it was sufficient. I would highly recommended staying here. Would also highly recommend the Magnetic Island 3 Hour Eco/Oreintation Tour by Tropicana, in a stretch Jeep. Mal the tour guide is a fantastic ambassador for the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the character of Magnetic Island reflected in its distinctive architecture, Grand Mercure Magnetic Island offers a secluded sanctuary, with oceanfront accommodation comprising of four buildings nestled around tropical landscaped gardens. Grand Mercure Magnetic Island offers a selection of deluxe one, two and three bedroom beach house style apartments designed to take advantage of uninterrupted views of the Coral Sea and enhance the natural space and lighting with sliding door panels, louvered walls and breezeways and private balconyies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Mercure Apartments Magnetic Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Grand Mercure Apartments Hotel Magnetic Island
- Mantra One Bright Point Hotel