“Fantastic for families”

Island Leisure Resort
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Magnetic Island
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at Island Leisure resort recently and it was fantastic. The kids loved the pool, the games room is great and the craft room was a hit with the little ones as they really enjoyed painting the plaster casts. We played table tennis, pool and airhockey with the kids. The gardens are beautiful and the owners very helpful. The rooms all open to the gardens and the views are great. Their gardener has a great sense of humour as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nolans255100
Eileen166, Manager at Island Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our resort, your honest feedback is very much valued and appreciated. We use the information provided on Trip Advisor to improve and enhance the holiday experience for our future guests at Island Leisure Resort. I hope you will return to visit us again so that I can thank you in person.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at this resort this year and it was wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant and peaceful experience. The price I paid was good (plays a huge part when travelling alone). The beach is right across the road and there wasnt too much trouble finding my way around the island. I stayed in the cottage/house and it was wonderful! It was clean, tidy and well maintained. The owners were so lovely and genuine and happy to help at any time (a big thank you again to them both). I highly (I repeat) HIGHLY recommend this resort!!!! I'll be sure to stay here again in the future. :)

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Beccajade
Eileen166, Manager at Island Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Beccajade,

I am happy to see you you enjoyed our lovely cottage and the beautiful beach. We certainly love this time of year and enjoy maiking our guests Magnetic Island experience a holiday to remember.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed there with my husband and our little dougher. Great place, especially for families. Games room,craft room, movies night for children and the best thing is the birds - they come at 5pm every day and you can feed them;-), so much fun! I would recommend it to all my friends

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank KateQLD

Dear KateQLD

I am so pleased you and your daughter were able to enjoy our new crafts room and the movie nights. Our friendly lorrikeets still visit us each afternoon and sometimes we have up to a 100 birds at a time!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We arrived late evening an were pleasantly surprised that the friendly owner waited up for us and offered a fully stocked kiosk to purchase from. I had assumed we would arrive to find a key left out and an empty fridge so I had carted some basic breakfast things in my suitcase - no need.
The value for money was great - well equipped bungalow, next to a massive pool, games room, tennis court, kids art club open every day. Opposite the beach. Laundry facilities. All great. It is a leisure park though and like most of these places you need to be OK about having other people's kids running around and making noise in the early hours which can wake you up. There is a fantastic mexican restaurant accross the road, also a foodworks supermraket, chemist, bottle shop and cafe 4 minute walk. The supermarket charges like a wounded bull. Go to the IGA 15 minutes walk away - it is cheaper.
I loved the curlews and lorrikeets.
Magnetic Island is such a lovely laidback place.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit away from other travellers as the noise travels from unit to unit.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AlltheMcKees

Dear
So pleased you enjoyed the curlews and lorrikeets, even though the curlews can be very noisy at times, they are very unusual looking birds.
Oh and Man Friday Mexican Restaurant is so yummy, it is certainly one of the restaurants on top of my list when recommending places to dine close by.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I haven't actually stayed here but was visiting the island and looking for accommodation for a future date. There was a sign out "open for inspection" so my boyfriend and I went in for a look and the manager was more than happy to show us around. While not deluxe, the bungalows are attractive and looked clean, spacious, and comfortable. As you can see from the most recent traveler's photos, the furniture has been updated. The pool and lounge areas around the bungalows looked lovely and well maintained. I think the price was $139 a night for two nights but I found it even cheaper on a discount travel website. I have chosen to stay in a two bedroom vacation rental but had I not found that, this was my next choice. For the price I think it is very good value for a self-contained studio style accommodation.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This is well within walking distance from the ferry although, I would definately recommend hiring a car from the ferry port (they are cheap and fun). Island leisure is very well maintained, the pool is immaculate and there is a games room with tons of games & toys for children. The owners were very friendly, approachable and helpful.

The rooms are quite close together so if you it a chase of luck i.e who do you share the facilities with. We don't have kids and if the units were a bit more sound proof and more private and there was no facilites for kids it would have been perfect, we however are not their target market.

So bring your toddlers along for a great break...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kezza17june

Dear kezza17june,

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Although the new owners are still trying to get all the Resort refubished these clean, efficient units are all that we needed. It is obvious that part of the gardens are still to be completed but I should imagine it will not be long before everything is complete. But hey, what there is now was great. A game of tennis, a swim in the pool and a walk along the beach everything you need to chill out. As for the staff: friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 1 - 5 look out to the finished gardens.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple