Base Backpackers Magnetic Island
Grand Mercure Apartments Magnetic Island(Magnetic Island)(Great Value!)
$165
  • Pool
Peppers Blue On Blue Resort(Magnetic Island)(Great Value!)
$150
$131
Agoda.com
Arcadia Village Motel(Arcadia)(Great Value!)
$89
$83
  • Pool
Shoredrive Motel(Townsville)
$70
Seagulls Resort(Townsville)
$80
Agoda.com
Castle Crest Motel(Townsville)(Great Value!)
$95
Priceline
Beach House Motel(North Ward)(Great Value!)
$73
Waters Edge The Strand(North Ward)(Great Value!)
$82
$80
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
Sails On Horseshoe(Magnetic Island)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboozy bingothe east coastamazing locationladies nightfull moon partydrinking gameskoala toursnight lifeprivate roomthe buswild koalasbeach frontbean bagsnice poolcouple of nightsrecommend staying herehorseshoe bay
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights. We arrived at 7am and were told we couldnt check in till 1. Apparently this is the norm for hostels to have a check in time but we didnt have another one in the rest of our time travelling. When we eventually got into our room (and 8 bed dorm), we found out it was tiny and cramped. The pool was closed for maintenance, the kitchen was small and dirty with ants everywhere! There were hardly any facilities. The one night we went to bar there were so few people, the barman was bribing people to stay with drinks. Worst of all on our first night there, my friend thought she felt something biting her but ignored it and woke the next to to find the back of her legs covered in bed bugs bites. It looked like she had chicken pox and it took over 2 weeks for them to go. In all i would not recommend this hostel, infact i would not recommend any Base hostel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Travelleinghelp
Reviewed June 5, 2011

You can't beat the service from the staff or the breath taking views! Kitchen needs a upgrade but to be honest with over priced food at the supermarkets on the island you are better off buying a $10 meal. Lots of fun, will be back. Request a waterfront dorm!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Can't really say the staff at the reception had a smile on their face most of the time, they put me in an 8 room dorm.. slept in the most squeakiest bed Iv ever slept in.

Dorm rooms a very very small, I don't mind sleeping amongst others but when the room is in bad shape then things can get ugly. For example of the room which I was put in has an air-conditioner that leaks water over the power outlets that were close to my head! I had to endure listening to the dripping noise for three nights and the thought of getting electrocuted!

Communal showers smell like urine and skum, pool is small with murkey warm water that endures many people learning how to scuba dive in it each day.

The steal deal meals at their restaurant and exactly that... cheap and nasty with only a small portion on the plate, I had to buy 2 so I could satisfy my hunger.. If I had the chance to go to another restaurant I would but considering the 30 minute walk to the next food place I had no choice.

Unless you are a person who wants to jump up and down naked on tables, eat like a pig and pay through the nose for drinks then consider changing your booking.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ausmate
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed here on the 13th and 14th of march 2011. Place is a bit run down but thats after the cyclone so you can overlook that. Was booked on our package with Peter Pan which so far up the east coast has been excellent. Its just very frustrating to come across backpackers accomodation who charge extortionate prices for everything - their $10 "steal deal" dinners are pathetic, and its a good 20 minute walk to the closest restaraunt. Portions are tiny and the guy taking the orders makes up excuses for whatever they don't feel like serving. On the wall beside the reception you can also see that the prices have been increased for rooms lately - recent prices are poorly scribbled out and replaced with higher prices. $100 dollars for a double room?? Madness. No freebies, no television room and poor facilites (few broken washing machines and dryers that swallow your money anyway). Stay Away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank IrishBackpackerinOz
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Stayed here as part of some deal with Peter Pan. Only stayed one night and got a refund.

Room was dirty, no window pane just the mesh held on with pink medical tape and light was broken.

I wouldn't stay here again and advise other to so the same.

• Stayed: January 2011