“Must Do.”

Horseshoe Bay Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and join us for a two hour horse ride through bushland down to horseshoe bay beach. Enjoy riding your horse bareback into the cool clear waters of the coral sea. We have horses to suit both total beginners and the more experienced so make a booking with us today. We ride twice a day everyday at 9am and 3pm bookings are essential and weight restrictions apply to keep our horses happy and healthy
Townsville, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Must Do.”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Loved it. Well worth it! Very helpful and friendly staff. Riding the horses in the ocean was amazing.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank jaq2007

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How can you say no?”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Although it's pricey, the horses are happy and well cared for, and it's an awesome time! It's amazing seeing wallabies hop by while you're on horseback. You definitely don't have to be experienced to go, but if you are they try to give you the opportunity to get away from the group and gallop. It's great, highly recommended. Just wrote about it on my travel blog as well, check it out for more details... http://postcardfromtheheart.travellerspoint.com/45/

1 Thank Sarah R
Shute Harbour, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“One off the Bucket List!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Although I've always ridden horses, had my own for 20 years - I had never ridden on the beach or in the water and it was a dream of mine.
Chris and his team brought that dream into reality for me today. My husband (who has only ridden once before) and I were given quiet horses and we set out on a lovely bush track which winds down to the beach. There we got into our bathers and got to ride through the water of Horseshoe Bay. It was heavenly!
I would recommend this experience to anybody - no matter what your experience - you will be taken care of.
We'll definitely be back. Thanks so much. :)

Canberra, Australia
“Best trail ride experience!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Amazing experience with horseshoe bay ranch. The horses are well looked after. The best part is going into the water with your horse. Something I have been eager to try! The 2 hour experience is worth every penny!

Chantilly, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rare chance to ride in the ocean”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Loved the guides, the ride, and the rare chance to be in the warm water with the horses. Not very free form, but a great ride nonetheless.