“Dreams can come true - mine did here!!”

Horseshoe Bay Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and join us for a two hour horse ride through bushland down to horseshoe bay beach. Enjoy riding your horse bareback into the cool clear waters of the coral sea. We have horses to suit both total beginners and the more experienced so make a booking with us today. We ride twice a day everyday at 9am and 3pm bookings are essential and weight restrictions apply to keep our horses happy and healthy
London, United Kingdom
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Dreams can come true - mine did here!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was something I'd wanted to do from a very young age. Ride a horse along a beach...all my wishes were answered and in fact bettered. I got to ride Jack the horse in the sea too.

The staff at the ranch are extremely helpful and supportive. My partner had never rode a horse before, so was understandably nervous. The guy stayed with him the whole time and made sure he was ok. It was incredible to trek thorough the forest and then out onto the beach. They took us past a tree where a new baby koala was resting with its Mum - to see koala's in the wild was one thing, to see them from horse back was so special. It is a calm and peaceful experience I would reccommend to anyone.

Visited February 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bucket list = tick”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful experience swimming with your horse in the ocean = feels like you are riding on air.My horse jumbuck a grey was easy to ride nice and fat so very comfy when bareback.The horses are well cared for and our leader was fantastic.I recommend this riding experience whether young or old .I'm 57.
It was on my bucket list to ride bareback along a secluded beach and this exceeded my expectations = to take my horse in the water not just on the edge but right in where the water lapped around my hips.Thankyou lucy for your attention to detail .Rosie & I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.We saw a koala in the wild and an eagle too! 10 out of 10.cheers Therese

2 Thank Therese P
Rome, Italy
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best guides horses and trail and swim! Fun”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This is truly the best trail ride I've been on whilst holidaying. An absolute must while on maggie actually it's worth coming to maggie for the ride :)
This is lots of fun.
The horses are gentle, active and independent .... Mostly .
The guides are friendly and informative at all levels.
And the ride through the local area and the ocean ride was truly brilliant.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank wendywanda
Sheffield, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am no horse rider, however when I saw this attraction I really wanted to go, and was assured they cater for all levels. They certaintly do. My horse Cougar was gentle and even though he knew where he was going he also knew when when I wanted him to stop.

The walk through the bush to begin with was a great start, we even began to trot {if you wished}
When we arrived at the beach another fun experience was sitting bareback as we walked down to the sea and then balanceing and holding on while we walked through the sea. was a great way for the horses to cool off I loved it, even though I was struggling to sit straight regardless holding on to his mane.

All in all was worth ever dollar and would recommend to anyone, thankyou to the staff who certaintly take care of their animals, definitely can tell and thankyou Cougar for a great ride xx

Don't forget sunscreen
Wear long pants and sensible shoes

Visited January 2014
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“An amazing experience!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Riding at Horseshoe Ranch was a fantastic experience! Me and my friend went for an afternoon ride and from start to finish, it was brilliant! Very friendly staff, beautiful, well kept horses, good quality tack and the ride was well suited to the ability of the group (from experienced riders to those that hadn't ridden before). Riding in the sea was a complete treat. All in all and an amazing day! Thank you :-) and thank you for giving me Oaky, a treat and pleasure to ride. Caroline