“A must do activity”

Horseshoe Bay Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and join us for a two hour horse ride through bushland down to horseshoe bay beach. Enjoy riding your horse bareback into the cool clear waters of the coral sea. We have horses to suit both total beginners and the more experienced so make a booking with us today. We ride twice a day everyday at 9am and 3pm bookings are essential and weight restrictions apply to keep our horses happy and healthy
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The trail ride and ocean swim with the horses is a must do activity while on Magnetic Island. The horses are very well trained and even the most novice rider will feel safe and comfortable. The staff hosting the ride were really fantastic. Thanks to everyone at Horseshoe Bay Ranch from my wife and myself.

hsbr, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Hi

Its really lovely to hear that you enjoyed your ride with us, we look forward to having you visit again in the future.

Kind Regards

Horseshoe bay ranch

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We did a horse track with the guys from Horseshoe Bay Ranch and it was truly a very wonderful experience! We are both not very experienced riders - for my boyfriend it was even just his 2nd experience on a horse. Nevertheless this was no problem, Our guides really tried to adapt the track so that it was perfectly fitting to us. We could even also ride into the sea without a saddle, which was the most exciting thing about it. The horses also seemed very good looked after.
If I go there again, I would definetly do it again!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Really lovely people who ran the ranch - Swimming with our horses was a totally different experience as we have never done it before. It woul dhave been nice to go on a longer trail though with riding a bit more than just walk in the water with the horses but a nice relaxing trail if thats what you are after.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been on the trail ride with my family for more than ten rides over a period of years and thought it was about time I posted a review.

Every single ride we have been on has been wonderful. We never get tired of swimming with the horses, riding over the sand and the beautiful bushland. It is an experience not to be missed. I am truly sorry for those of you who only get to do it once.

The staff are excellent - very patient and experienced and it is safe, but exhilirating. The horses are impressive - patient, very fit and healthy and well trained and responsive.

My boys first went on the ride aged five. They are now seven. There are safe horses for those people who are inexperienced and a little nervous and they can choose to walk at a steady, super safe pace. But there are also horses for the more experienced of us who prefer to trot and canter through the Australian bush, feeling the warm breeze on our faces.

And swimming with the horses on the beautiful beach - absolutely not to be missed!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We went for a morning ride and it was an absolutely amazing ride. We were lucky enough to be the only 2 people on that particular tour. The experience had everything a ride should. The guides gave just the right amount of instruction at the time that we needed it. I find some places will overload you with riding instruction. We were able to trot and canter as much or as little as we wished.
The highlight of the experience was riding the horses in the ocean! Amazing, awesome, exhilarating and everything in between.
The staff were welcoming and friendly.
I'd recommend this to anyone regardless of their riding ability as they cater to all levels.
Loved every second of it.