“Horse riding on Magnetic Island”

Horseshoe Bay Ranch
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and join us for a two hour horse ride through bushland down to horseshoe bay beach. Enjoy riding your horse bareback into the cool clear waters of the coral sea. We have horses to suit both total beginners and the more experienced so make a booking with us today. We ride twice a day everyday at 9am and 3pm bookings are essential and weight restrictions apply to keep our horses happy and healthy
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am not an accomplished rider (ridden a little bit) and the staff at Horseshoe Bay Ranch were fantastic. They chose the perfect horse for me. The ride took us through bush then a bareback ride into the ocean ...all in all a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this to both novices and experienced riders.

1  Thank Deb R

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The bush and beach horseriding experience offered by Horseshoe Bay Ranch is out of this world. We were relatively inexperienced horse riders, but managed to get the horses up to a canter through the paddocks, which was exhilarating. The ride along the beach and then bareback into the water is incredible. The horses are superbly well trained, and the guides very knowledgable and friendly.
An experience to remember forever.

hsbr, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your great review, it really makes our day when we see our customers enjoying the horses.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We are a senior couple and do not ride but I have to say as the bus stopped for the Horses to cross the road from the Ranch it was a wonderful sight. One could only wish that we were young again to be able to ride a horse and enjoy all of the activities the island can provide. Well we put our wishes away and relied on the horsepower of the local buses to take us to Horseshoe Bay. Beautiful there isn't any other words for it. We had come over from Townsville on the local ferry and as it was a sunny day looking back towards the harbour and Castle Hill it was just magic. The buses are waiting for us at the wharf, so as my partner and I have trouble in walking far this was a pleasant surprise. Also another surprises is the halved fares not only on the boat but also on the buses. (Senior Rates) this is a pleasant surprise for the pocket.
As we travelled around the island the beaches are so picturesque they remind me of Waiheke Island Auck NZ. White sands and lots of people sunbathing, canoeing, snorkelling, Diving, anything that you can do in the water then Magnetic Island is the place to go. We only spent an afternoon there but will be going back for a lot longer next time . Although we can't do all of the activities it is such a peaceful place to just veg out at any age. Don't forget at the end of the beach is caffe del isola - iceream to died for! This is where you pick the bus up

Reviewed November 12, 2012

i wanted to do this in australia since i was a little girl growing up in usa. it was so fun and a great experience in far north queensland

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Really enjoyed our tour. Horses were well trained and looked after. My partner and I had little riding experience and our horses were well behaved. A bit frightening in the water with the horse - mine went too deep and I lost balance and then fell off, but it was fine. The two guides were really lovely and seemed to enjoy their job. Would recommend.