“Beautiful and Peaceful”

Arcadia Beach Guest House
Kolding, Denmark
“Beautiful and Peaceful”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked the dorm room, ended up having it all by myself. But service is good and the staff is very friendly. Good beds and beutiful location. Very cheap compared to what you get. Would gladly recommend it to others !

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Center Moriches, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Acadia Beach Guest House. It took us a while to get into the vibe of this unique place, but we really enjoyed it. Initially we thought our room was rather strange, a queen sized bed raised up off the floor and nothing else in the room. Not one chair or table. The bathroom does not have a door. I left a box of cookies out on the shelf next to the kitchenette...... big mistake, the cookies were overrun by teeny little ants. But look, it's the tropics, there will be bugs.

Our continental breakfast was left for us in the refrigerator in the common area, and that's when we began to appreciate the Acadia Guest House. There is a wonderful huge common area. It has a big TV, a pool table, toys and games and ride-on vehicles for kids. Couches and chairs and a big, fully equipped kitchen. You are obviously not intended to spend all your time in your room, but to get out and use the facilities.

The Guest House is in a great location, lots of nice beaches nearby. I did notice that some of the pricey hotels on Magnetic Island have rooms overlooking parking lots and ferry landings, so be careful about that.

The management was very friendly and helpful. I had to re-schedule my ferry reservation and they took care of that for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My elderly Mother and I stayed in the fisherman's cottage over the Christmas period. The decor is well done with fishing net suspended from the ceiling, drift wood for curtain rods and towel racks but unfortunately we were really turned off when we went to get cutlery from the drawer and found the drawer riddled in cockroach poo and the odd cockroach leg. Further to our dismay was the shower recess as mould had been allowed to grow in the grouting. The beds were clean and comfortable but during the 1st night we had an unwelcome visitor which we assumed was a possum. The windows have fly screens with little doors which allow the opening and closing of windows. These windows in keeping with the rustic look are wooden flaps but unfortunately again these could not be locked and one window in particular had the bottom corner missing and this is where the possum came through. We avoided the situation the next night by taking the screen off and turning it up the other way with the little doors to the top. I informed the Manager the next day and he was very pleasant and thanked me for my feedback. We won't be staying here again unless we hear that the cleaning and security have improved. Julie A.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Julie A
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Have just returned from a marvellous trip on the Magnetic Island (8-9.12.12). Guys, if you're looking for a quiet escape with beautiful landscapes (to say beautiful is to say nothing - breathtaking!!), I would recommend to stay at Arcadia Beach Guest house. I stayed with them 2 days. I literally slept in the tent in the garden. Even though I must admit that the fan was providing me with a quite good source of freshness, but I could still feel a bit of stuffy air inside of the tent during the night. That's together with some moments of loudly screaming birds during night were the only disadvantages of sleeping in the tent outside. BUT the rest: sanitary equipment, cleanliness, friendliness, accessibility - all was marvellous. The two lovely managers of the guesthouse (I am so thankful to them) helped me to resolve all my questions and were extremly welcoming and ready to help every minute. A BIG THANK to Tony and her husband for that!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Perth
Reviewed November 24, 2012

A great place to enjoy the island. The couple managing the property are lovely and very helpful and knowledgeable about what is available on the island. I stayed in a queen size safari tent which had plenty of room for one-two persons. The only issue was not being able to lock the tent but I was able to put valuables in the safe at the office. It is walking distance to a deli, the ferry, and a hotel which has cheap meals to eat there or take away, also a bottle shop. It has a pool and a deck which looks out to the ocean, bbq facilities, laundry, big kitchen and multiple fridges. I was very satisfied with it and they have rooms and a unit if you would like more upmarket accommodation. The tents may be too hot in summer but they have fans.

Room Tip: a liked the tent but if you want comfort ask for a room in the main building. there is also a self c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked two nights in the Jungle Safari Tent accomodation. To get to it, I had to get a bus after the ferry, and the bus sailed right passed where I was staying, meaning I had to haul my luggage for fifteen minutes back down the road. I arrived and they told me that wotif has overbooked (not the first time, I always book last minute), and so I would be in a jungle safari accomodation but its off the side, down the back and doesnt have a corrugated roof over it like the rest do. She said as I'd already paid, I could have a free breaky or something (though I never did). So my tent was all the way down the back, away from the rest, and backing onto a nature reserve. They had no padlocks for the tent, and travelling alone with items like a laptop, left me feeling a little unsafe.
Part of the lame experience was not so much to do with the accomodation, but maggie island as a whole was just so boring! I was expecting a little nightlife as I heard it was frequented by backpackers...i went to horseshoe bay in the day for a swim, which was nothing spectacular, and the beaches at arcadia weren't really that appealing either.
Each to their own, but if I could choose my time over there again, I'd just do a day trip, or only one night.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Mallory L
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Compared to some of the accommodation on Magnetic Island, this place is excellent. Set beachfront at Geoffrey bay, it offers unspoilt ocean views. Overall the rooms were very tidy and clean. Kayaks and snorkelling gear can be hired out at an affordable price and are well worth it. The pickup from the ferry terminal was also very convenient and allows you to arrive in style. Overall a great accommodation choice when visiting beautiful North Queensland.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family