“Nothing Special”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Ate here on a recommendation from a friend. After spending time in France not long before we were really looking forward to eating here. The snails were great, I was very happy with them but the main course and desert were a let down. For the food we had we felt it was overpriced.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had high expectations - but were disappointed. I had scallops with cuttlefish and the scallops were very small but that was ok except they were way over cooked and the cuttlefish was like chewing rubber bands- the flavour was just not there especially floating around in what seemed like a 3 bean mix with tomato.- I mentioned my concern to the waiter and his reply was that many people make similar comments but that is the way it is supposed to be. My entre were prawns which were ok but nothing seemed flavoursome or clear in direction. My wife had the duck for main and once again it seemed tired in flavour and presentation. We also had the feeling that the night was over at 8:00pm and all was being packed up around us. To sum up - provincial French cooking but overpriced and tired.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

It is a long time since I have had escargot and these beautiful, garlicky morsels of yumminess on were perfect. The wild barramundi that followed was plentiful, tasty and cooked to perfection. The service was also exceptional.

Magnetic Island is truly a wonderful destination for a day a week or a lifetime.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Was not really interested in going but due to bizarre behaviour at Peppers we went

Well what a night

Sensational Food and Service were sensational something some island restaurants miss

Well done

Goats cheese and duck to the classic French dishes - well done

Go there forget the prices and enjoy the food

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My friend and I ate here with her 3yo son while staying at Peppers Blue on Blue. This restaurant did come highly recommended. Maybe they were having a bad night? The special entree was seafood vol au vent with fish, prawns and smoked salmon. The prawns were so over-cooked they were hard and floury. The kids' menu was limited to fish and chips etc and so we ordered a chicken and mushroom risotto for the little one and I had the same. It was bland and disappointing. It had none of the creamy texture of a well-made risotto and was more like steamed long-grain rice mixed through a sauce. My friend had the barra and was quite pleased. The wine list is quite good. Overall, over-priced and under-delivered. I always try to support local business but this night, we should have stayed at the resort.