“Pleasant stay”

Mayfair Motel and Restaurant
Mayfair Motel and Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Emerald
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here one night before heading back to the U.S. The hotel room was clean, easily accessible, and perfect for our needs. The restaurant chef made every effort to accomodate our food needs due to allergies. It's close to the airport, and a good value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank tshdr

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 nights here on our way through to the territory, staff very welcoming. Our room was very clean and modern, and comfortably fitted our 3 children. Pool area was nice, very pretty Bali hut and eating area. Will stop by again next time, thank you for the lovely hospitality.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Mrs_lono
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with my parents. We stayed at the Mayfair as it was reasonably priced (for Emerald) and offered a breakfast.
The room: the room had a double and single bed, lovely bedding i liked the red colour theme. The bathroom was spacious and came with free toiletries if i remember correctly, also a mini fridge and wardrobe plus the usual TV + Ausstar. AND IT WAS CLEAN!!!
The motel/staff: the swimming pool was very nice. All staff were helpful, we asked different pillows (nothing wrong with them, its just my family can't sleep on fat pillows we can only sleep comfortably on very thin pillows for some reason..) they happy to give us some thinner pillows.
It is located on the main road through Emerald but we found noise not to be a problem at all. We chose to stay here as we had a car, if you do not have a car perhaps a motel located in the town centre would be better for you.
Breakfast: we left very early in the morning for a long drive down to the Gold Coast which is why we chose to stay at the Mayfair, they provide breakfast (not included in room price, but at a reasonable extra cost). You could help yourself to the buffet or order a dish from the menu. The dishes we ordered from the menu were slow to come out but thats ok because the buffet is ready straight away! Cereals, toast, fruit, eggs, bacon, sausages... we left feeling very full!
I would also recommend the Mayfair tavern just next door to the motel, it does great pub style meals with salad bar, pokies, keno, kids play area etc..
Overall, a very clean and comfortable motel. I would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katrina B
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here for work earlier this month. The greeting I received was the best I have for in Emerald. I have been staying in another motel for the past 5 years but decided on a change due to the road and train noise. Room is functional, tidy and comfortable. The food at the restaurant is to die for. If you want a quieter room go for a lower room number and stay away from the Gregory Hwy end as it is noisy at night due to trucks. Highly recommend and close to the Emerald airport. There is also a bottle shop in the hotel within the same complex.

Room Tip: Don't get a room too close to the Highway as it is busy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean basic rooms. Pool looks nice Restaurant on site is good and opens very early for breakfast. also there is a tavern next door. Quiet location a few kms out of town close to airport. Have stayed here twice so far for work and will continue to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here on my last trip to Emerald for work, as my usual Motel was booked out. It was clean, modern & the bed was comfortable. The staff were professional too. I stayed 3 x nights & had room service for dinner, it was good quality. The breakfast was very basic with no A-La-Carte choices , only instant coffee (even though there was a coffee machine) & 1 x juice selection each day.
The downside, (the only reason I will not stay there again) was the water saving shower head. Without exaggeration, I struggled to get wet as it sprayed everywhere else except on me. No lounge, dining table or kitchen crockery/cutlery, so my work desk doubled as a dinner table & my bed doubled as the lounge, which is not uncommon in Motel rooms. I have a vehicle, so it didn't matter that it was further away from centre of town, it had less road/train noise than my usual Motel, which helped me sleep really well. Very handy to local shops, takeaway & family tavern.

Room Tip: As with ll Emerald Motel, book early to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We spent 2 nights over the Easter weekend. It is a bit out of town, however the Mayfair has a Tavern, restaurant and convience store within it's complex. The Mayfair was almost empty during the weekend we stayed, so it was disappointing that our room was not cleaned or made up until very late each day. Noise: there was a small party going on in the room directly above us, and it seems there is little sound insulation between the floors! It was fairly noisy.
Would we stay there again? Yes - but ensure our room was away from the party boys!

Room Tip: Ask to be located away from the road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family