“Good option in a busy town”

Country Pathfinder Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dalby
Dubbo, Australia
“Good option in a busy town”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Dalby is a busy place! Its hard to get any accomodation, but if you can only get this place then its OK, its fine. On a business trip I found the rooms to be good and well fitted out with comfortable beds and a good shower with fresh water (not the sulpur smelling water you come across in western QLD)
Good breakfast, friendly staff and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
bwcp, Owner at Country Pathfinder Motor Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thanks for your review. Hospitality is our business and we are happy when our guests are happy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for one night in the middle of winter. Our room was clean and warm. Very quiet position, and an easy walk into the main street for dinner. We loved the "old- fashionedness" of the motel, every thing you need when you need a break from the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank wizzothom
bwcp, Owner at Country Pathfinder Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thankyou for the lovely review. We really love our motel and our guests and strive to make you welcome and comfortable - so your positive feedback means a lot to us.
Thanks again - Jane
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We've stayed twice now and really appreciate the willingness of the managers to go the extra mile to look after us. Our group of long distance cyclists arrived at various times until after midnight and needed a hot shower and a few hours good sleep before they left from early in the morning. This motel met their needs perfectly!

We were provided adjacent rooms at the back of the complex away from the noisy street (there was some major evening function on in town which involved lots of people in formal attire enjoying themselves in the street until the wee hours).

Standard motel rooms, but very clean and well maintained, with everything you need - good showers, beds and towels, microwave and toaster and tea, coffee and hot chocolate makings with some biscuits. Good location, close to the shops and food premises.

We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: We had a room at the back (away from the street). It was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Qld
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The thoughtful management keep the windows when rooms are not in use - so I walked into not the usual stuffy room, but a clean, fresh and airy one, snowy curtains fluttering in the breeze. Bright, attractive original art on the walls. Plenty of space for my things, plenty of bits & pieces to sample (the hot choc drink was yummy). A generous shower recess and shower head tempted me to waste Dalby's water. Comfy bed, little roller blinds at the back windows so I could blackout the room at night should I so desire. Close to Dalby's shopping centre and to pretty Myall Creek, which just begs to be walked along (where you will meet friendly locals, wildlife and many, many birds in full song). Best of all - my breakfast arrived (with a cheery salutation) through an old style breakfast hatch. No floundering out of bed, attempting to fling on a robe while stumbling over to open the door! Bliss! I wll be staying here again.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BcdQld
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Don't be deceived by the older appearance of this extremely clean, comfortable and spacious motel. The hosts receive you warmly and make you feel at home and that you are the special guest they have been waiting for. The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom well appointed, wtih an excellent shower head and plenty of pressure and hot water. The rooms are fresh and maintained to the impeccable standard you expect in a Best Western. The bathroom products are plentiful and even have a shoe cleaning kit which is often lacking in bigger hotels. Try the scrambled eggs for breakfast .. they are to die for and are a reason on their own account to return to this pleasant oasis in the middle of Dalby. There was awork table in my room, good bedside lights and under cover parking. I could have happily spent a week in this motel as my base for the district. i will definitely try and stay again when I am next in the district.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Basil1255068
Gold Coast
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Never having been to Dalby before and a single lady visiting overnight on business, I wanted to be booked in advance, so did so sight unseen via the internet. My meeting went way later than expected and I was a bit concerned due to my late arrival (8.40pm) ...... Absolutely no worries! Not only was reception open and I was greeted warmly, "mine host" called the restaurant next door to ensure I was able to get a meal. (Failing that, fast food is directly opposite). Although a simple motel, this is very comfortable and well appointed. Fresh, clean, central yet quiet, very comfy bed, good facilities, good cable TV, wifi on site, table and chairs to work at, generous cupboard and bench space, but it was the additional little touches that made me feel someone wanted to look after me and make me feel at home! Extra soaps, shoe cleaning, eggshell overlay on the bed, even a water spray for the iron! Original artwork brightens up the place and the rooms have been maintained very well. Will stay again on my next trip to Dalby.

Room Tip: I chose the one with the bed plus couch to give a little more room. All appeared to be similarly qu...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Trish W
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Modern decor, foxtel channels, Maccas and pizza across the street. Everything you need.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business