“Best in Dalby”
Review of Kobbers Motor Inn

Kobbers Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Dalby
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have stayed here on 6 different occasions and wouldn't consider any other motel in Dalby. The Rooms are Quiet, modern and spacious. The managers go out of their way to make you feel at home. The restaurant meals are delicious and there are plenty of Gluten free choices for Dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Laser_cncman

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Visit was great, room was very clean and bed was great. Rooms had everything you needed plus more. The manager was there to meet us on arrival and he was happy and helpful.
Restaurant was not open due to our visit was on a Sunday nite. Plenty or room in the room and the hot shower was much appreciated. Will visit again and recommend.

Breakfast was great but for the price and at Dalby it would have been a better value for money if breakfast was included in room rate, as it was not that much more to add this to the bill and was a little above the average for a room in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GRUMPZ2014
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Kobbers for 3 nights, and were amazed by how clean and spacious the room was! I mean, country motels could be a bit tight, they're only there to offer a bed for the night.. but NOT this one!
Food was wow! I cant even describe how superb their food was. We I ordered two different dishes every night, along with a shared starter. All dishes managed to wow us!! (You have to try their sweet potato chips!! Oh Lord!)
Last but not least, the owners of this property are so very welcoming, super friendly and extremely helpful.. they are indeed two sweethearts. They tend to be very engaging, which makes you feel at home, and never bored. Thanks to them, my husband and I had a wonderful stay :)
We will definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have nice balconies, perfect for your morning coffee.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tala-Ayoub
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Accommodation in the country can be very hit-and-miss, especially if like me you often have to book at short notice. Disappointments come in the form of cold showers, noisy rooms, uncomfortable beds, surly staff, and poor cleaning standards.

This place was a long way from disappointing.

I was forced to book at 4:30 in the afternoon for the same night after a colleague became ill and I had to take his place. After ringing places in nearby Chinchilla without success, I was hopeful when my mobile phone came up with this motel.

From the moment the call connected I was happy.

The lady who answered the phone was very understanding of the fact that I was in the car travelling in her direction (hands-free, of course), and patiently held the line while I pulled over to give her my credit card details. She even gave me an estimated time of arrival based upon where I was when I called!

When I arrived (within about 10 minutes of the ETA), I was greeted by a very friendly man who advised the dinner specials, the checkout time, how to check out since I was leaving prior to office hours, and how to order breakfast or a crib (packed) lunch if I required them - all whilst handing me the key to my unit.

The room was spotlessly clean, and a generous size.

The queen bed was comfortable - neither too hard nor too soft, and there were extra pillows which is always a winner for me.

The room also included an iron and board (YAY!) and real coathangers. Thanks to the management and former guests for these. Management for providing them, former guests for not nicking them. While I always take my own, I like when they are provided.

There was plenty of parking, which included undercover parking - and a really nice touch of sensor-activated lighting in the area. This was a feature I have not seen before in country areas, so was chuffed to find this.

I wasn't there for very long, I had to be on the road before 6:30 am so was only there for approximately 12 hours - but those 12 hours were worry-free.

The room was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, the bed was comfortable, the shower was hot, and there wasn't any noise to keep me awake - what more could a weary one-night traveller wish for?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Ecnalubma
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have ony been to Dalby a few times and was very lucky that this motel came highly recommended. The rooms were very comfortable and the airconditioner was a great relief from the heat.
The staff were great and I have to say the food was exceptional. I had Barramundi which was a risk so far from the ocean but it was the best meal I have had anywhere in Qld.
Thanks everyone for making my stay so pleasurable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandi H
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed one night, found the rooms clean and the hosts were very friendly and helpful. Now for the bad part, I ordered satays, this came with rice, peanut sauce, corn and Asian greens. Now for the confusing part, how you can cook greens nicely, undercooked carrots, cold corn and overcooked satay is beyond me. This severely impacted on my review of this motel. I would personally suggest dining elsewhere as while I would stay here again I would certainly not dine here again no could I recommend their food.
There is considerable road noise here but all the motels in dalby are on main roads.

Room Tip: Book a disabled room at rear
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2013

With so many choices in Dalby with overnight accommodation, it was pot luck, but I had researched the availability and decided that suited our needs, We were more than happy with our choice, and everything about the motel was first class, and the meals in the dining room were excellent and nothing was too much trouble and anything you wanted was available or a combination of same. They are ideal people to run a motel, and have a lovely friendly atmosphere and outgoing personality to boot. Keep up the good work. Your christian name on your shirt is a good idea.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are great - saves climbing stairs if you have any disabiity - just ask, and the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple