“Over-rated and underwhelming”

and up
Cairns Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation 2-Day Tour
Ranked #6 of 21 things to do in Daintree
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very very ordinary ice-cream for a high price. I'm perplexed by some of the recent positive reviews. We had a couple of variations of coconut ice cream and vanilla and they all tasted pretty much the same. Very little flavour and just an overwhelming taste of cream. I also bought wattleseed and coffee and all you could taste was instant coffee. Don't believe the hype; my partner (who had the wattleseed/instant coffee), thought it was the worst ice cream he's ever had. Overall, a great disappointment.

3  Thank Gerry C

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Although I first expected exotic fruit like their competition down the road, I was more than impressed by their choice.. The service was friendly and wonderful, there was an amazing choice of flavours and there were also some other healthy and delicious drinks.
So much better than the one down the road where there are only a couple of flavours at inflated price and where the staff seem a bit blasé.
Definitely thumbs up for Floravilla...

Reviewed November 19, 2013

There was so many flavours to choose from. Excellent quality icecream in tubs. Lots of seats for you to enjoy your icecream.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We visited the competition up the road and were not impressed by their ice cream and the fact there was only one choice at a very inflated price. We did try it but we were so pleased we then stopped at Floravilla for another tasting. There were so many different and unusual flavours. I had Orange Marmalade with Lime and it was one of the best ice creams I have ever tasted....and I have had many ice creams in my lifetime! It is such a shame that the competition up the road is proving too much which I can't understand as Floravilla's is so superior and is made on the premises - a real local product.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had some ice cream up the road which was lovely but wow the flavours here were amazing! Didn't mind the price for excellent quality and range of flavours. The kids had choc & mint (nothing can compere) adults had dragon fruit ( mild flavour) and passion fruit & ginger ( salivating just thinking about it). I read others think it run down - it's not a restaurant, it's a place to just eat your ice cream & go! Highly recommend a stop.