My husband and I were booked in for 4 nights. The room was private with a great spa on the balcony but... the double bed was actually two singles placed together - very hard to get romantic. All the electricity turns off when you leave the room so the room was often hot; and anything in the fridge/freezer thawed; the showerhead was the most basic you can get with no pressure. On top of this it turned out that an American family (with three very loud children) were staying (although I thought children were not welcome, and certainly shouldn't be) were staying, and ruined the serenity of our breakfasts and dinner.
We had a spa (the whole reason we went there) booked for the second day and they asked us to move it to accomodate for other guests. The next day the water pump broke and so we couldn't have the massage, and it got moved to day four. But on day four they advised us that a cyclone was coming and it would bein our best interest to leave, which we did. Now I understand that the cyclone was not their fault, but if they had not moved us around in the first place we would've got our spas. The offered us 50% off our next massage -> it took me two years to save for this holiday!! very unlikely I'll be back. The manager also told us that he wouldn't charge us for the last nights stay, but when I went back to my travel agent they said it wasn't possible.
I would recommend any potentials to stay at Port Douglas (The Sheraton Mirage was fantastic) and to drive up for a massage (which I did overhear guests were saying was amazing - I'll never know).
On the upside the location is great for visiting cape tribulation and mossman. The daintree village is nearby, and there is a lovely restaurant a short walk away, although the ecolodge restaurant is also wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa IS pure escapism. We invite you to relish romance, to respect ancient culture, and to celebrate each day restfully nestled within an ancestral destination for the healing of the spirit. The Daintree EcoLodge & Spa offers a variety of accommodation choices with welcoming and knowledgeable hosts. Retreat from the world in one of our 'bayans', a private tree house designed for two. A micro screened balcony offers stunning immersion within the rainforest, abundant with a thousand shades of green growing before your eyes. Inside, luxurious and thoughtful amenities are tailored to satisfy our guests' wishes. Resting over a lily filled lagoon is Julaymba Restaurant & Bar, a magical destination for unwinding in the ambience of deep forest. A daily menu draws inspiration from the tropical surrounds showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine while the Bar selection is curated to complement this unique dining experience. Our Wellness Spa is a sanctuary in which to serenely disconnect. A harmony of nature, nurture, wisdom and healing infuses a luxuriant treatment menu using the Li'tya pure Australian botanical range. While guests may choose never to leave our rainforest escape, Daintree EcoLodge & Spa is also the perfect base from which to explore the wonders of tropical Far North Queensland. This sun-kissed corner of Australia lures travellers from all corners, providing an exclusive opportunity to encounter adjacent World Heritage sites. Ancient rainforest and the magnificent Daintree River meet untouched coastal ranges and the calm, azure waters of the Coral Sea, home to the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia