Perhaps I'm a bit harsh in giving a 3-star for this accommodation, because the location is good, the food was even better, and the staff were mostly friendly and helpful. But the property itself seems to be in need of some facelift...I felt like I came there a few years too late. The reception area/lounge/TV room looked rather spartan. The small pool was not that inviting (more like a big bathtub). And the short walking track to a small waterfall needs some clearing up (the waterfall itself is beautiful, and you can get your spa treatment there). At the beginning of the track there's also a sign pointing to a "swimming hole" but when I asked the staff, it was not recommended to swim there. So please remove/change the sign.
But the most disappointing was my room, which was probably the least private room on the property as it was on the lower level instead of being propped up high for the "treehouse" experience I was looking for. Some aspects of the room were also ill-designed. The AC unit was right beside the bed, so when it's on it's blowing cold air right at you, which could make you sick. The shower only had a small soap holder, whereas they provided the toiletries in big squeeze bottles so you have to place them on the floor. A shelf would be better. The shower head was also old and could not generate strong water pressure. The fridge door in my room was moldy, and although a kettle was provided, there was no tea/coffee bags.
This is a relatively small property and it's great for a more intimate experience (compared to, for example, Silky Oaks Lodge in Mossman), as many reviewers have testified. But in its current state, I'd rather spend $100 more and stay at Silky Oaks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree Ecolodge & Spa is situated in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest and offers sustainable luxury in a unique location. The retreat is the only boutique accommodation in the World-Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest and offers 15 eco-friendly bayans immersed in the canopy. The property boats majestic Bull Kauri trees, a private waterfall and dedicated walks. The perfect destination to reconnect with nature and the people you love. The suites at Daintree Ecolodge and Spa have been designed to create a fully immersive rainforest experience that treads lightly on the surrounding natural environment. The Lodge’s restaurant Julaymba offers a modern, fresh and seasonal menu designed using locally sourced ingredients in a rainforest setting. Nested right in the Daintree Rainforest, this is the ideal base to explore the Daintree and surrounds, with easy access to Mossman Gorge, Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia