As I return to normal life, I am compelled to "tell the world" about the unbelievable experience we just had ... Then ...
It is with sadness & complete shock that I read the last review on Daintree Eco lodge.
I stayed there recently (in last 2 weeks) and cannot say enough about the amazing experience this was for myself and my partner.
The receivership issue is certainly a dark cloud hanging over this very beautiful & very special property. There is no doubt that on the "face" of the property, the financial difficulties can be seen (if you look hard enough). I understand also that there has been staffing issues as well due to staff sourcing more secure employment etc. however, the staff that are still there are passionate & committed to providing a truly unique experience for their guests & that's exactly what they did for us. Their may be a money shortage, but there is no shortage of love at the Daintree eco lodge. The young chef Sam is a credit to himself and the property. His food is of superstar quality! I've never tasted so good in my life. The environment the staff create in the restaurant is also Star quality. My partner & I both had the most magical spa treatments for $130 each, which I believe is the normal price. I regularly attend spa's and this price was very reasonable for an hour body treatment. It makes me kind of sad to know that someone may not have experienced the amazing beauty & peace of this property that we enjoyed. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I wonder if there is any thought to how the staff may feel with such negative & attacking comments at this difficult time? This property & the wonderful staff deserve all the support it can get right now in the hope of finding a buyer to give some stability to this tourism icon. "Kicking a dog when it's down", especially a faithful & loyal one is not my style & I thank the staff for sharing their special place with us. A cherished memory that we will never forget. We definitely hope to come back again one day & again enjoy the beautiful experience you all offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa IS pure escapism. We invite you to relish romance, to respect ancient culture, and to celebrate each day restfully nestled within an ancestral destination for the healing of the spirit. The Daintree EcoLodge & Spa offers a variety of accommodation choices with welcoming and knowledgeable hosts. Retreat from the world in one of our 'bayans', a private tree house designed for two. A micro screened balcony offers stunning immersion within the rainforest, abundant with a thousand shades of green growing before your eyes. Inside, luxurious and thoughtful amenities are tailored to satisfy our guests' wishes. Resting over a lily filled lagoon is Julaymba Restaurant & Bar, a magical destination for unwinding in the ambience of deep forest. A daily menu draws inspiration from the tropical surrounds showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine while the Bar selection is curated to complement this unique dining experience. Our Wellness Spa is a sanctuary in which to serenely disconnect. A harmony of nature, nurture, wisdom and healing infuses a luxuriant treatment menu using the Li'tya pure Australian botanical range. While guests may choose never to leave our rainforest escape, Daintree EcoLodge & Spa is also the perfect base from which to explore the wonders of tropical Far North Queensland. This sun-kissed corner of Australia lures travellers from all corners, providing an exclusive opportunity to encounter adjacent World Heritage sites. Ancient rainforest and the magnificent Daintree River meet untouched coastal ranges and the calm, azure waters of the Coral Sea, home to the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia