I recently took my partner to Australia for her birthday, and was so glad to have chosen this excellent hotel! We had read some reviews which suggest this hotel is not up to standard, well bearing in mind it’s in the middle of a rainforest I would have to strongly disagree with these opinions. On the way to Australia we stayed a Raffles, Singapore and next time I would fly straight past and head for Daintree!
The room was spotless, well looked after and perfectly comfortable. I must admit a hotel with no TV in the room seems odd for the first 5 minutes, but that was not why we had come to a beautiful natural location like this. The hot tub/spa on the veranda was open to the wilds so you get an amazing sense of being at one with nature.
We slept with all the windows open, just the screening protecting us from any bugs out there, and it did take a while to get used to the night time chorus but what a refreshing change it was to the blue light sirens of London we’re so used to! I only lost sleep because I wanted to stay up and listen to the wonderful sounds.
The food at the Julaymba restaurant was a superb execution of modern Australian fusion. Great thought and care had obviously gone into every dish and the knowledgeable staff provided world class service.
This is not just another hotel, it’s an experience and once you get that and relax into it, you will begin to realise you are in one of the most beautiful, peaceful places on the planet.
The accommodation, food and service were all first class, hats off and many thanks to all the staff who made our stay such a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa IS pure escapism. We invite you to relish romance, to respect ancient culture, and to celebrate each day restfully nestled within an ancestral destination for the healing of the spirit. The Daintree EcoLodge & Spa offers a variety of accommodation choices with welcoming and knowledgeable hosts. Retreat from the world in one of our 'bayans', a private tree house designed for two. A micro screened balcony offers stunning immersion within the rainforest, abundant with a thousand shades of green growing before your eyes. Inside, luxurious and thoughtful amenities are tailored to satisfy our guests' wishes. Resting over a lily filled lagoon is Julaymba Restaurant & Bar, a magical destination for unwinding in the ambience of deep forest. A daily menu draws inspiration from the tropical surrounds showcasing contemporary Australian cuisine while the Bar selection is curated to complement this unique dining experience. Our Wellness Spa is a sanctuary in which to serenely disconnect. A harmony of nature, nurture, wisdom and healing infuses a luxuriant treatment menu using the Li'tya pure Australian botanical range. While guests may choose never to leave our rainforest escape, Daintree EcoLodge & Spa is also the perfect base from which to explore the wonders of tropical Far North Queensland. This sun-kissed corner of Australia lures travellers from all corners, providing an exclusive opportunity to encounter adjacent World Heritage sites. Ancient rainforest and the magnificent Daintree River meet untouched coastal ranges and the calm, azure waters of the Coral Sea, home to the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia