We live locally in Port Douglas & this resort is well respected & admired within the community but we never had the chance to stay there until now!
All I can say is "Oh My God!" what a fantastic experience.
The rooms are perched high off the ground amongst the treetops & are really unique. The first thing I noticed was the tiles which seemed to keep the room cool & were so smooth on the feet. The bamboo canopy over our bed was a lovely touch & the huge compendium kept us enthralled for hours with all its history, local area info & aboriginal influences that are clearly all over the resort.
These rooms arent like your average souless five star room...they are have clearly been designed to the environment. Lourvered windows allow you to open the whole space up to make it light and breezy or you can close them to create your own private space..the spa on the balcony was great!
This is 'intelligent luxury' & an experience in itself.
To sleep with the sound of a flowing stream practically underneath us was sublime. If you want rainforest...this is as good as it gets.
We strolled down for dinner which was fantastic. A mix of modern Australian dishes with most been able to be made as a vegetarian option...nice work. I had my facial with Dale the next day in the spa and it was the best Ive ever had...seriously.
They have there own 'Daintree Essentials' product range with huge generous canisters in your room to slather all over your body...
These guys have really nailed it. I finally get the nature - nurture - culture idea now...everyone should have a spa treatment, eat good food etc. Ive had the opportunity to stay in some of the best hotels in the world but this takes the cake for true, authentic eco-luxury. I wish I hadnt left it so long.
ps make sure you do the guided walk in the morning (I had a facial instead) ...my partner came back with clay all over their arms & said it was the most 'spiritual' experience they had had!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Daintree Ecolodge & Spa is situated in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest and offers sustainable luxury in a unique location. The retreat is the only boutique accommodation in the World-Heritage listed Daintree Rainforest and offers 15 eco-friendly bayans immersed in the canopy. The property boats majestic Bull Kauri trees, a private waterfall and dedicated walks. The perfect destination to reconnect with nature and the people you love. The suites at Daintree Ecolodge and Spa have been designed to create a fully immersive rainforest experience that treads lightly on the surrounding natural environment. The Lodge’s restaurant Julaymba offers a modern, fresh and seasonal menu designed using locally sourced ingredients in a rainforest setting. Nested right in the Daintree Rainforest, this is the ideal base to explore the Daintree and surrounds, with easy access to Mossman Gorge, Port Douglas and the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Daintree EcoLodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daintree Eco Hotel Daintree Village
- Daintree Eco Lodge And Spa
- Daintree EcoLodge & Spa Daintree Region, Australia