“Beautiful”

Daintree River Wild Watch
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the fabulous World Heritage tropical rainforest area of the Daintree. You can experience this beauty through the eyes and expertise of your guide, Ian "Sauce" Worcester. Ian has a real passion for this amazing natural wonderland called the Daintree River. On our Early morning or Sunset tours you will see the vast array of the unique wildlife in their natural habitat, or simply enjoy the beauty and serenity of the picturesque waters of the Daintree. Don't forget your camera!!!
Sydney, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

We did a sunrise tour with the knowledgable, unassuming yet friendly, Sauce. It was simply beautiful on the misty river as we began. We saw crocs, tree snakes and lots of birds. Sauce's knowledge of this area and it flora and fauna is vast. It is quite magical, floating down that big river, silently at times, and taking it all in. Absolutely recommended!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank susieque29

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Just Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

We took a sunset bird watching and photography cruise with Sauce and have been buzzing ever since. I was still seeing kingfishers in my dreams last night. I think Ian should be called 'Source' as he has so much knowledge to give on the Daintree and surrounding wildlife. We saw crocs, a green tree snake and numerous birds. The highlights for us being the afore mentioned kingfishers; Little, Azure and Sacred and a Papuan Frogmouth, fast asleep in a tree and camoflagued against the bark. How Sauce spotted it is beyond me but I was thrilled to see it. We returned to the main river just in time to see a great sunset and hundreds of cattle egrets flying home over the river to roost. The boat snook into the depths of the mangroves to get up close and personal. So if you enjoy wild life and the serenity of a river at dusk then I could not recommend this trip more highly, I am sure it will remain one of my top five wildlife experience for the rest of my life! Thank you Sauce for showing us so much.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Christine P
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing, Sauce is the way to go for the best experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

Sauce's boat ride up the Daintree was the best experience I had on my trip to northern QLD. The knowledge of this man is never ending, the ride as also very relaxing. I suggest you ask for a spotlighting tour aswell, well worth it.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank jason t
San Remo, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

Travelled out on the early morning cruise with "Sauce" with our kids (9 & 11). The cruise lasted for around 2 hours and we spied birdlife galore. Sauce sees anything well before we could, even though we tried to beat him. His knowledge on the wildlife is seems to know no end and if he didn't know the answer, he is the type of person who would find out as to expand his knowledge even more. The kids loved it and thought that getting up early was worth it. Had a great time and not over crowded as the boat only handles 8 or so. Got some great photos along the way. Top cruise...

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Wayne M
Cairns, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A quiet, tranquil, observation of Daintree Wildlife”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

The perfect river cruise for any bird watcher. Just as enjoyable for any tourist desiring a true Daintree River experience. I'm a videographer and the guide Ian “Sauce” who is himself a photographer was more than accommodating, allowing time to get those amazing shots.

His boat also has the advantage over the others, it is a little smaller, it is very stable, has comfortable swivelling chairs and has no roof. This makes it much easier to see up without leaning out the side of the boat and much easier to manoeuvre into smaller places to find the hidden birds, snakes & lizards.

One of the great advantages is that if there is no wildlife in one spot the boat can pick up and shoot off to a different area. It can do it much more quickly, with less noise and less of a wake than the bigger boats.

I have never been into birds and the idea of a river cruise never really appealed to me. Through work I found myself on Sauce's boat and now I'm converted, it was an awesome experience.

I have uploaded some stills I took of Ian, I hope he doesn't mind.

Here is the video we did for work, it was about a retired Daintree Guide named Chris Dahlberg. Ian was nice enough to take us on a tour while we made the video.

Visited November 2011