“An unexpected delight!”
Review of Maison de Provence

Maison de Provence
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Cooroy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Maison de Provence!
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I caught a glimpse of this cafe from the street and was intrigued! I couldn't resist a peek - then decided to return for lunch. It was very French, very ornate and the food was so inviting. (We were even greeted with a friendly "Bonjour"!) My young son and I chose delicious ham and cheese croissants (the best I've ever had) with scrumptious healthy salads and then could not resist a couple of the spectacular pastries - what a selection! The service was excellent too - what more can I say?! (Oh - that it was also very reasonably priced..) A very enjoyable experience!

1  Thank carmeldes

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Had a delicious pastry and sensational coffee, in fact one of the best coffees I have had anywhere and the best on the coast, if you want good food and coffee then forget Noosa with its high prices make that 20 minute journey to Cooroy and Maison de provence.

2  Thank kingsmorri
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We buy our cakes here all the time for guests Birthdays or Anniversary's as we own an organic Bed and Breakfast about 15 minutes away. Thanks so much for this little touch of Paris in Cooroy.

5  Thank AlayaVerde
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The food is to die for !
The new french chef Michael celebrate french fine dinning for our pleasure
No a la carte ,only set menu(4 courses) and dégustation(6 courses) for 68 or 88 dollars ,Free Byo !
Trust the chef ,you won't regret
D'ont pass out this amazing Food expérience,this is definitly the best concept and the best value in the area
We Will be back soon

4  Thank erica h
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Maison de Provence is a genuinely excellent restaurant, and just about the last thing you'd expect to find in the backblocks of the Noosa hinterland.

As a Noosa resident of around ten years, we have tried just about all the dining options that the region has to offer. I hope I have some credibility then when I say that Maison de Provence is as good as anything on the Coast.

The menu is very limited, with only two options available in each of the three courses. Apparently, it changes each night and at the whim of the chef. Really though, you could ask them to bring you just about anything and it would be superb.

Entrees on our evening were Coffin Bay oysters with lime and sake or a crispy skin pork belly with green mango and papaya. Both were wonderful - not overpowering, but a lovely blending of fresh ingredients.

The mains were the choice of a ocean trout or a roasted sirloin. The adults at our table all went for the ocean trout, and it was the best item on the menu. Slow cooked at 58 degrees with a riesling and leek cream, it was served warmed rather than cooked and was amazingly delicate. I cannot fault this dish.

Dessert was a macaroon based dish accompanied by what I think was a pistachio mouse with coulis. It was as much art as a meal; either way, it was an absolutely perfect way to finish off.

Although there was no children's menu, our charming waitress was happy to put on a sirloin dish for the kids (4 and 6), followed by a dessert. They finished every morsel of it and were well up for more.

Service was very good, though dropped off a little later into the evening as we awaited our bill. Really though, it's hard to fault the enthusiasm of the young staff.

Most surprisingly, this meal was genuinely good value. At $68/head for adults, and what was basically a nominal charge of $25 for the children, it represents just about the best value we've seen in the Noosa area. Astoundingly, there was no corkage on wine and soft drinks were cheap even by cafe standards. It's rare to walk away from a Noosa restaurant without feeling ripped off - at Maison de Provence, we felt we'd had genuinely outstanding value. The gift of a little bag of macaroons on the way out delighted the kids and left us feeling that we'd found something really special.

In our 30's, we were probably 20 years younger than any other customer on the night. This is a mystery to me - food of this quality deserves a much wider client base.

It's a good half hour drive out to Cooroy from Noosa, but we'll make the run out there regularly. This is a superb cafe/restaurant and it is not to be missed.

3  Thank Ian_Pratt