River of Gold Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Seaview Motel(Cooktown)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe riveronly stayed one nightplenty of parkingcouldn't do enoughfishing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stayed at the River of Gold Motel on several occasions while working in the area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The rooms with kitchens are great for multiple night stays. I now make River of Gold Motel my first choice for accommodation in Cooktown.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Gavin H
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed at the River of Gold Motel for 1 night. The room was big and clean but It could need a bit of an upgrade.
It is located in a side street and was very quiete in regards to traffic noise.
Kylie was very helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much for her.

We would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happyhhx2
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I'm not sure if I was dealing with the owner, but she was very friendly and welcoming. The motel room was clean and well maintained. I had dinner at the restaurant twice, and the meal was very good each time. Generous serves and decent bistro-type food.

I would have given this motel 5 stars, but it can get a bit noisy. If you are staying there during the week, you will probably hear the noise from the rowdy work men who like to stay up and have a few beers late at night. I guess you expect this in these towns, so just take along some earplugs if, like me you are the quiet type and want to get a decent night's sleep!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank AnonOzTraveller81
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Not much choice in this town, but the river of gold is good.

may only be 3.5 star, but you are treated well.

They are responsive.

The dinner here is not so bad either.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank gs-aussie
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I would like to thank Brett & Kylie for the wonderful stay I had in Cooktown. The rooms were very clean, tidy and comfortable, and the service was second to none. Because I was only on a business trip, I did not have too much spare time, but I will certainly stay at the "River of Gold" on my next visit.
Brett went out of his way a couple of times for me, the first was to personnally cook an early breakfast (which mind you was excellent!!) and secondly went out of his way to assist in a work related problem.(A big THANK YOU for that)
I would definately recomment staying at "River of Gold" Motel to anyone I know travelling to Cooktown. To experience the Far North is a must for all travellers!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business