“Awesome ”

Gone Fishing - Cooktown
Ranked #3 of 6 Tours in Cooktown
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooktown's premier fishing guide, offering guided fishing in Cooktown's lcoal rivers since 2002. Offering half, full day and extended river and reef fishing. Flick lures, live-bait and fly fish for all the great northern fish including barramundi, mangrove jack, GT's, queenies, coral trout and mackerel. Maximum of 5 anglers. Wildlife Tours - 2 hour interpretive tour, croc-spotting and birdwatching. Crocs guaranteed or money back. Kids welcome, beginners to advanced.
Cooktown, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome ”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My partner & I spent 2 days on the Endeavour River fishing with Mark Privett from Gone Fishing. Mark's knowledge of fishing and the River were invaluable. We spent 1 1/2 days fishing, then the last afternoon he took us up the Nth Arm of the River to spot for Crocodiles. We had a very enjoyable time and learnt a lot from Mark. Highly recommend a day with Mark.

1 Thank LS1960

Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Anniversary Fishing Trip”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my first experience on a fishing trip such as this. My husband is an avid fisherman who booked this 5 day trip for our anniversary in Oct 2013. I was very apprehensive to say the least and was extremely worried about the long day on a boat for 5 days straight but I had the most fabulous time. We travelled back to shore around lunch each day and I was surprised to see how calm the river was. Mark was very patient showing me how to cast and best of all he kept baiting my hook. I caught the first fish, couldn't believe it. He taught me a lot and I saw my confidence increase each day. He corrected our technique so we became more efficient. I loved the thrill of hooking a fish and being able to reel it in. The variety of fish we caught was enormous. Not only did we catch the fish but Mark recommended places to take them to be cooked. Awesome!! My husband learnt a different style of fishing and best of all new simple knots which he loves. Mark definitely knows his stuff. It was great watching him cast a lure so precisely amongst the mangroves. We can't speak highly enough about Mark a really lovely, helpful humble person.We both had a lot of fun and we would definitely recommend this trip. I will definitely be going on more trips like this with my husband.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Danuta Z
Eagle Point, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fish the Endeavor Now”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I fished with Mark on the Endeavor River in October, 2013. This was our first trip in that area and our first fish on the Endeavor! It was a perfect day! Mark gave us the best fishing trip we could imagine. We saw several crocs and one "grand daddy" of the river! We caught lots of fish. On my first cast, I hooked about a 50 pound Barramundi. We did many really fun things while we were in Australia but this fishing trip was our most favorite. Mark was easy to be with and knows his stuff when it comes to catching the fish! So worth the money it cost. We hope we can go back again some day. Judy and Don from Eagle Point, Oregon, USA

Visited October 2013
2 Thank judy f f
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fishing with a mate!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my fourth time out with Mark over recent years and the first ever fishing trip for my wife. I had my usual expected experience just like fishing with a good mate. Daina loved every bit of our 2 days, from all the fish she caught to (big)croc spotting. Most of all she loved that she didn't have to touch a bait or a fish as Mark did all that plus taught her to fish, and talked her through every catch. We will be back next year and weather permitting will head out to the reef. I can't recommend Mark in glowing enough terms.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Ray B
Florida, USA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great GT Popping”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My fiance and I went out with Mark on August 9th and had a wonderful day. We chartered the boat for a full day with just the two of us. Dave had pretty specific hopes for the day, and Mark made it happen. The weather was perfect and the reef was so beautiful. Dave landed 5 nice sized GT's and also caught a few other species. After a great day out on the reef, we spent a little time in the river looking for crocs. We spotted a few and one was really huge, which made a perfect end to our day for me. We would both recommend Mark for a day out on the water, and we hope to get back up to Cooktown for round two in the future.

Visited August 2013