“The best place to stay in Chinchilla”

Chinchilla Downtown Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Chinchilla
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was very surprised by this gem of a hotel/motel in Chinchilla. Anything with "Motor Inn" in the name generally doesn't sound that appealing to me. But this place is fairly new, with really spacious rooms, with great size bathroom and massive bed. There's a big tv, and comfortable chairs and table, along with a small kitchen complete with a large minibar selection. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was fantastic for such a small place. I'd definitely recommend this, and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 6, 2013

A colleague and I recently stayed and worked at the motel where the owner and his wife could not have done more to make our stay more pleasurable. As we were running a training course in what doubled as the dining room, it had to be transformed from a classroom and back again every day. This was no small task, which Russell(owner) set about with good humour and professionalism.The bedrooms were absolutely spotless and very well equipped. Breakfast offered a superb choice.
I highly recommend the Downtown for the leisure or business traveller if ever having to stop over in Chinchilla, and I will certainly look forward to using it again.

Room Tip: Like others, I would suggest trying for an upstairs room if at all possible, but not a deal breaker.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scotreck
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We recently stayed at this motel on a drive from Darwin to Brisbane. We arrived after a very long day driving, held up by innumerable road works. The managers were very kind when we arrived late, giving us a great tip for a nearby restaurant.

Walking into the room was bliss! A large room, better fitted out with all mod cons than many big-city apartment rentals. Large king-sized bed, small kitchenette with essentials, a lounge chair and plenty of space. The bathroom was well designed, with a great shower and semi-private toilet.

Chinchilla is booming in response to coal seam gas, and the standard of this motel reflects the economic changes. I wasn't disturbed by the tradies who leave for work early as everyone is requested to reverse into their parking bay.

Yes you can get cheaper places to stay in town, but why bother....this place is superb. Suiting the action to the words I again stayed there on the return drive to Darwin.

Thanks for a fabulous stay and a great tip on driving routes to avoid more roadworks.

Room Tip: Book early if you want to stay in this motel as it's very popular.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mamacasperson
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed one night at this motel for business. It is obviously fairly new and the room was very comfortable. Quite spacious with a large bed. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was OK, nothing special. Overall a good motel. Will stay there again next time I'm in town.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a very good place to stay close to the centre of town, with most of the best places to eat within easy walking distance. The room exceeded our expectations - it was fresh, modern, spacious and clean with free cabled internet and a kitchenette an unexpected bonus. However, don't stay here with the expectation of a sleep in! The typically clientele are workers who leave very early, and we were by far the last to check out for the day at 10am. Also, big trucks parked out the front woke me up as they left for the day, and housekeeping were knocking at our door at 8:30am. Overall despite the sleep issues, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Book in advance if you want *any* room, especially if you are staying early in the working week as i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TeamTam
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great location in town, close to everything. The apartments are new and very clean. The beds are comfy and staff very friendly. I would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Chinchilla. We stayed during the Watermelon Festival. Perfectly located close to all activities.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My fiancee and I were heading to the coast for a holiday and pulled up in Chinchilla for the night. We did not have anything booked as we were not sure of how far we would get. We pulled into the Downtown Motor Inn and disturbed the management at 10:30pm. They could not have been more accommodating at that time of night. The room was great. Very modern and tidy. The bed was comfortable and we awoke refreshed and ready to continue our journey. My only down point was the next morning, on two separate occasions, the cleaning staff opened our door to clean the room. I can only assume as the room was not rented out early, no one was aware we were in there. Overall, great place to stay if passing through.Hayley

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple