“Please forget it”

Seaview Deli Cafe
Ranked #11 of 17 Restaurants in Cardwell
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We have been driving past many times and admiring the nice crab on top. Finally gave into temptation and went for the famous crab sandwir. Oh what a disaster. Foreign backpackers make the food and have no clue as to what they are supposed to be doing. Food is expensive and some of the worst quality you would find. Please drive away and stay far away from here!

1  Thank Hassan H
There are newer reviews for Seaview Deli Cafe

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We have stopped in a number of times in hope of a repeat performance that my partner and I received some months ago (wonderful service, fresh fish and very large meals) how very wrong e were! The fish I received what was fresh barramundi came out dripping in an oily batter and was no more than 100g , shocked we were keen to share chips to make up for the small piece of fish and when they came out $4 worth of chips turned out to be 9 chips on a coffee plate... Angry by this stage Jesses fish finally arrived 10 mins after mine and it was clear what happened the piece of crumb mackerel was so horribly overcooked it resembled a piece of drift wood with the same consistency! We also had some crab claws which were still frozen in the middle, it is obvious by this stage that they forgot about Jesses piece of fish to busy speaking German to each other about us which was made clear with the pointing mid conversation.... Finally have dealt with enough I decided to approach them to explain my frustrations when I said it was a small ration size piece of fish for $7.90 the response was "well tough! It just the way it goes" now raging with anger I let loose explaining the full parameter of our meal to only be told once again "well tough, that's the way it goes" AVOID THIS PLACE ITS RUN BY BACKPACKERS THAT WORK FOR ACCOMMODATION AND HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING! shame on the manager because this is menu to be an iconic spot with the giant crab on the roof!

3  Thank Josh S
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Don't be fooled by the nice cane tables and chairs and the wonderful view, this is basically a fuel stop and a bus depot serving fast, take away food 24 hours a day. It is not a café or a restaurant and if you want something other than overpriced, greasy fast food and uninspiring salads drive on by. My partner ordered perch,chips and salad, I ordered barramundi and salad and intended to help him eat a few of his chips... wrong, 7 chips between 2 doesn't really go. My piece of supposedly fresh locally caught barramundi was a huge, misshapen piece of something very rubbery which bore no resemblance to a piece of fresh fish, while the batter was thick and oozing in fat. The salads were basic, my partner had a very tasteless Greek salad and my tinned 3 bean mix was just that, a tinned bean mix. Its not often I leave an almost full plate of food but this was one of those occasions and no, we will not be returning.

1  Thank Chantil3
Reviewed November 16, 2013

we ordered a crab burger, we were charged $38 for 2 drinks and 2 crab burgers. the bread was stale and ingredients minimal. I travel the highway berween cairns and townsville all the time. won't b stopping there again. I would rather starve.

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Yummy food, would recommend the 'Poutine'
In a good location overlooking the sea and open long hours.

3  Thank Howard_hull