“Shabby and way over priced.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cardwell at the Beach

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Cardwell at the Beach
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cardwell
Cairns
“Shabby and way over priced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at the Lyndoch for one night and was charged $110 for a room that was dirty, only chair was broken, no cupboards, vanity cupboard warped and broken, hard bed, no bedside lights, toaster but no plates or cutlery, one power point in the bathroom but as the mirror was so far away could not reach to style your hair, nasty cheap plastic toilet seat that "nipped" you when you sat on it, face washer with big hole, found a plastic bag in my bed ..... I could just go on and on about this awful place. What a rip off!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CairnsScotty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here 4 weeks ago and were so impressed we have returned. Along the most boring stretch of road, called the Bruce Highway you drive through a piece of paradise called Cardwell. This place was totally decimated with cyclone Yasi, but with the new owners , Lindy & Jeff and chef Gary they have turned this place Into a must stop, see and stay.

Staff are wonderful and wanting to assist in anyway and the rooms have been recently renovated and spaciously clean. Gardens are immaculate and the pool inviting.

The Yasi Bar & Grill provides the best meals north of Brisbane. Fresh, innovating and delicious. Gary is an Ace!! Meals are very reasonably priced and a good size.

We travel on the road, 3-4 weeks of each month and have done so for 29 years, so we are aware of what is around and what standards to expect.

We have booked again for another 4 weeks and already are looking forward to our stay! High recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back near the pool are a bit bigger.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jellat
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

If you're happy with CLEAN & COMFORTABLE whilst travelling in this beautiful part of the world, you cant go wrong with a stopover in the heart of this Beauty at Cardwell.

No-one better to look after your accommodation needs than Lindy & Jeff Harvey who are Hosts Extraordinaire. Friendly and obliging to the last.

This address is one hundred metres to the Coral Sea and outlooks to Hininchbrook and other Islands a short distance away.

The rooms are spotless; beds are terrific; includes all mod-cons and the best value for money you'll find anywhere. All rooms would be equally Quiet - very Quiet.

This venue is fully Licensed with Draught Beer and a full and comprehensively attractive Menu within the Fine Food Restaurant. All within the same complex.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: All clean and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I head just driven from cooktown and on my way too bowen. Before I got there I decided to call around to see who had the best deals. After calling every single motel in cardwell the lyndoch were the only ones who actually stopped what they were doing and actually tried to listen and help me out. They gave a an Awsome deal! And because I was going to be checking in late, they offered to open the room for me, turn on the ac and leave my key somewhere I could find to get into the room, and believe this or not, COOKED ME A DINNER AND LEFT IT IN THE MICROWAVE! So that all I had to worry about was getting there. After I got there I walked into my room and looked at my dinner......OMG! it was HUGE! Absolutely fantabulous!
I was really shocked with the way the manager cared for me and my situation due to no one else in town not giving a stuff what so ever.
Actually one of the motels, I won't say the name, but let's just say.....they were on the beachfront, told me that because I was calling on the phone and on the road that I would have too pay in full before I got there so that they could do there till early tonight! Wtf!
Anyway the lyndoch really satisfied me well and truly over the moon and I would Definatly not choose anywhere else in town. I gotta say....I'm there customer for life! Cheers to the lyndoch and there staff for all the Awsome help and support through my tuff time I had. Thanks again, and will see you guys soon. Lj.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank lucosj
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

After driving 12 hours I arrived at Cardwell and booked into the Lyndoch Motor Inn, and was greeted by the friendliest most helpful hostess Leanne, she found me not only a clean comfortable room but was concerned that I maybe woken by other guests, her concern for me can only be described as over and above the call of duty. I ordered dinner and I couldn't have been more surp;rised the slad was fresh and the beef tender this would have to be a five star rated. All aspects of the motor inn I would put in the five star category from the greeting to the room to the meal. I urge anybody travelling through to stop here. It is five star but more than affordable. I will not hesitatge to stay here again and I congratulate Leanne on her establishment.

Room Tip: Any room wuld be wonderful
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank vivienne58
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Rooms were very clean and tidy, very good actually, cheapest in town. The lady at bar said that they got a new chef and there very big meals, and boy was she right! Awsome nice deep pool and friendly staff! Would Definatly go out of my way to stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank jazzco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My mate said its getting late to find accomodation and we should stay in ingham. I said i know this great little place at cardwell, boy can they cook a steak and so we pushed on.
Been a couple of years and one cyclone since i had been there and was very disappointed when the new chef seemed to be out of his depth and after waiting an hour received a couple of very enedible meals which we sent back and were offered a 50% discount .

We travel a lot for work and know when a meal is not up to scratch or is not value for money. Other than that the rooms were clean and tidy and i would stay there again. Just have a meal before you get there.

PS. Chefs come and go.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank trackker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardwell
Cardwell Beachfront Motel
Beachcomber Motel
Beachcomber Motel
#2 of 6 in Cardwell
Kookaburra Holiday Park
Kookaburra Holiday Park
#1 of 3 in Cardwell
Apollo Jewel Beachfront Apartments
Apollo Jewel Beachfront Apartmen...
#11 of 25 in Mission Beach
Mission Reef Resort
Mission Reef Resort
#3 of 4 in Wongaling Beach
Dunk Island View Caravan Park
Dunk Island View Caravan Park
#1 of 6 in Wongaling Beach

Been to Cardwell at the Beach? Share your experiences!