“Absolutely the best choice in town!!”

Cardwell at the Beach
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Cardwell
“Absolutely the best choice in town!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I head just driven from cooktown and on my way too bowen. Before I got there I decided to call around to see who had the best deals. After calling every single motel in cardwell the lyndoch were the only ones who actually stopped what they were doing and actually tried to listen and help me out. They gave a an Awsome deal! And because I was going to be checking in late, they offered to open the room for me, turn on the ac and leave my key somewhere I could find to get into the room, and believe this or not, COOKED ME A DINNER AND LEFT IT IN THE MICROWAVE! So that all I had to worry about was getting there. After I got there I walked into my room and looked at my dinner......OMG! it was HUGE! Absolutely fantabulous!
I was really shocked with the way the manager cared for me and my situation due to no one else in town not giving a stuff what so ever.
Actually one of the motels, I won't say the name, but let's just say.....they were on the beachfront, told me that because I was calling on the phone and on the road that I would have too pay in full before I got there so that they could do there till early tonight! Wtf!
Anyway the lyndoch really satisfied me well and truly over the moon and I would Definatly not choose anywhere else in town. I gotta say....I'm there customer for life! Cheers to the lyndoch and there staff for all the Awsome help and support through my tuff time I had. Thanks again, and will see you guys soon. Lj.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank lucosj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

After driving 12 hours I arrived at Cardwell and booked into the Lyndoch Motor Inn, and was greeted by the friendliest most helpful hostess Leanne, she found me not only a clean comfortable room but was concerned that I maybe woken by other guests, her concern for me can only be described as over and above the call of duty. I ordered dinner and I couldn't have been more surp;rised the slad was fresh and the beef tender this would have to be a five star rated. All aspects of the motor inn I would put in the five star category from the greeting to the room to the meal. I urge anybody travelling through to stop here. It is five star but more than affordable. I will not hesitatge to stay here again and I congratulate Leanne on her establishment.

Room Tip: Any room wuld be wonderful
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank vivienne58
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Rooms were very clean and tidy, very good actually, cheapest in town. The lady at bar said that they got a new chef and there very big meals, and boy was she right! Awsome nice deep pool and friendly staff! Would Definatly go out of my way to stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank jazzco
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My mate said its getting late to find accomodation and we should stay in ingham. I said i know this great little place at cardwell, boy can they cook a steak and so we pushed on.
Been a couple of years and one cyclone since i had been there and was very disappointed when the new chef seemed to be out of his depth and after waiting an hour received a couple of very enedible meals which we sent back and were offered a 50% discount .

We travel a lot for work and know when a meal is not up to scratch or is not value for money. Other than that the rooms were clean and tidy and i would stay there again. Just have a meal before you get there.

PS. Chefs come and go.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank trackker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cardwell
Beachcomber Motel
#2 of 23 in Mission Beach
Mission Reef Resort
Mission Reef Resort
#3 of 4 in Wongaling Beach

Been to Cardwell at the Beach? Share your experiences!