Was my favorite place to stay during my entire trip! For the following reasons:
1. A real rain-forest retreat :: off the beaten track, quiet, solitary, private, peaceful and immersed in rain-forest cover, yet close walking or driving to everything (including the Whet Restaurant which is the best restaurant in Cape Tribulation). A perfect balance.
2. Eco-friendly :: a completely sustainable environment, solar powered, low-flow water, etc.
3. Very cool owners :: a Dutch couple own it, have lived there for 15 years and run the B&B for 8 -- they know the area very well, including the wildlife and the best places to go
4. Delicious tropical breakfast :: included with room, amazing local fruits and a selection of cereals, teas, coffee, etc. (uncommon to have this in Australia I found -- not like the US)
5. Affordable :: very competitive pricing with surrounding hotels, resorts, and other rain-forest lodges (in our case it was cheaper than the others)...however, a smaller, more personal experience
SO, if you want a romantic, tucked away, non-touristy, eco-friendly experience I highly recommend you check in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique accommodation deep inside the world's oldest rainforest. Solar powered eco-accommodation without some of the luxuries and facilities of the big resorts, but comfortable and located within walking distance of beach, restaurants, shop and National Park boardwalks. On the two hectare property there is a sculpture trail showcasing sculptures created by the owner and several visiting artists, fishponds and a beautiful freshwater creek. This place is owner-built and owner-managed, and your host is always happy to provide you with tips on where to go and what to do and book any activities you'd like to do. Prolific wildlife is another feature of this property, especially the cassowaries that frequently visit the place. You can make your holiday action-packed with the local tours such as snorkeling, jungle surfing, horse riding, sea kayaking etc. or total relaxation by hanging out on the property on the seats on the sculpture trail, or in the hammocks around the house. Keep in touch with the outside world through free Wifi. If you are an artist you might even like to add your own creation to the sculpture trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Rainforest Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rainforest Hideaway Cape Tribulation, Daintree Region, Australia