It's rare that I ever rate any where poorly but this place was poor. The reception was chaotic and the French receptionist not interested and only concerned about me paying a $20 deposit in cash. As I was camping I asked what the deposit was for? I never received a a satisfactory reply and can only assume the deposit was a bonus for the staff if I forgot to collect it the next day as was told that it could only be collected between very narrow times? Next was the potential for credit card fraud, so pay attention dear reader; I offered to pay with my credit card, but it was not processed there and then. I was told to write down my card details on a piece of paper including the expiry date and the three digit security code. No way would I be so stupid so I paid cash, but I wonder how many guests, especially young and vulnerable backpackers, find that their card details are used for fraudulent transactions? This was a disgraceful lack of security. The bar was dreadful with a stoned youth trying his best to grope every female in sight and the staff just ignored him. The cooking facilities for campers in the campers' kitchen consisted of two gas rings for all campers, a filthy microwave oven, two broken kettles and a dead electric hot plate ( no pans provided). The bins were overflowing with rubbish and whilst eventually eating outside I saw my first Australian rat running around the kitchen , and no it wasn't a rare marsupial , it was a rat. Do your self a favour and stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PK's Jungle Village offers comfortable, affordable accommodation for families, backpackers and adventure travellers. We offer a range of accommodation from campsites and dorms through to private ensuites. All of our rooms have air conditioning. Located in the heart of Cape Tribulation, PK's is the perfect base to explore the Daintree. Our friendly reception staff can help arrange tours and activities in the area, we have an on site bar and restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as an IGA supermarket located just next door. Best of all...the beach is just a 2 minute walk away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your PK's Jungle Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pk`s Jungle Village Hotel Cape Tribulation
- PK's Jungle Village Cape Tribulation, Daintree Region, Australia