“Great hostel in a great place!”

Cape Tribulation Beach House
Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
“Great hostel in a great place!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Me and my friend got to Cape trib beach houses and said right away that it looked really nice. All the cabins are placed throughout a rainforest path making it very spacious.
We had a couple things pre-booked and they helped us out perfectly with when to be where, which was very useful.
On top of that down at the end near the beach, they have a really nice bistro with some great food!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Imst, Austria
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We got an upgrade and got to sleep in a family bungalow with private bathroom. In a way it was really nice - fresh towels, shower gel, shampoo, tea and coffee (with electric kettle) but somehow the room was like a real jungle hut, a little wild. we had ants in our rooms because we left a choclate bar paper in our trash can.

The staff was helpful. The restaurant was really good! Prices were reasonable.
The kitchen was small, but had all you need (except power - for a few hours after a electricity cut)

We were really unlucky because it was raining most of the time of our stay, so we really couldn't a lot, because there isn't really much…maybe it is better if you have good weather...but overall it was okay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Tribulation Beach House, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hi, thanks for your review - and glad you had a great time.

Yes, if you leave food in your cabin then Ants is unavoidable, we are surrounded by rainforest and we live with nature.Chocolate or anything with sugar left exposed is an open invitation for wildlife.

I have to say I think your overall rating is not consistent with your individual rankings that you gave us, the majority being 4/5 - and from all indications you had a great time?

The rainfall is out of our control, and the generator did go down for one hour as it does every fortnight for general maintenance, but we do it at times when it will least effect customers. The positives you mentioned were all in our control, great service, great food and great location....

I value your feedback - and I am glad you had a great time - but I feel the comments that may have bought you to your overall rating are something outside of our control...especially the ants....

Warm Regards,

Matt
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I couldn't rate this place anymore, it's just great! Me and boyfriend stayed here, we were only booked in for one night but we loved it so much that we stayed for another night. We had the st crispin bungalows and it was beautiful! 2 minute walk from our porch and we were on the beach! The owner couldn't of done more for us (we arrived late in the evening and the chef and the owner really looked after us)
The food is great there aswell!
The set up reminds me of centre parcs because the grounds are big with windy paths. We really felt at one with nature here which is exactly what we wanted when staying in cape tribulation. Great memories of this place and I cannot thank the staff enough for their help, care and friendliness. They were fantastic!

• Stayed February 2014
Wandering around
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed by myself for a few days and loved it! I had my own bungalow which was equipped with a coffee and tea maker, nice, colorful linen and a spacious bed. The bathroom had to my surprise a really good shower.

But the food in the restaurant was outstanding! Reasonably priced which I did not expect, being away from 'normal' facilities like towns and villages offer. And do take part in the activities, the horse riding is something I highly recommend. Even though I was scared at first, I went back the next day to go again as it was amazing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Matthewbeachhouse, Manager at Cape Tribulation Beach House, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I would like to say a big THANK YOU for this review. I am so glad you had a great stay and so glad you appreciate how much effort we put into to achieving that delicate balance of providing great food at a reasonable price. You made my day - its good to be appreciated. :) Look forward to seeing you again really really soon!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I have just had our 4th visit to this little paradise, and have already booked in for next year. Although it is a longway from our home in Perth we just love the friendlly atmosphere of the staff, and the real Australian rain forrest experience, with all the rainforrest noises and wildlife,and with the beach that is at your door step this is paradise,.
The out door bistro and pool area, is well catered for with a good selection of food and wine and other beverages. It also gives you an opportunity to talk to other guest from all parts of the globe if you feel like a little social egagement.
The location is idealy suited to have excursions to other attractions that Cape Tribulation has to offer, and there is many of them.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, and well maintained by the happy staff

We are looking forward to our visit next february

Gary an Christine.

Room Tip: love the crispin rooms by the beach for that romantic interlude.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Guys thank you so much for your kind words - and yes we will be ready for you again in Feb!

The best thing is about guests like you is that we ask often what has improved and what can we work on - this is a great thing as it keeps our eyes on the ball. \

We remember you well and look forward to seeing you again.
Mission Beach, Australia
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This place was AMAZING. My wife and I went on a short vacation here away from work, and it was perfect! The forest drive and ferry ride really serve to distance yourself mentally as well as physically. The food and drink specials helped too, especially when consumed on the GORGEOUS BEACH! Seriously, just bring a good book and soak up the atmosphere. Or soak up the sun. Or the pool. Or the wine. Just be a sponge. You'll be a happy one.

The staff is very friendy. I personally think it's something in the water, or perhaps the remoteness of the locale, but they are all more than happy to help you out! The chef and the bar staff were funny; I told one girl about a huge spider, and she got a little freaked out until I pointed it out, at which point she just shrugged her shoulders and said that it was a good spider. She also told us about seeing forest wallabies for the first time, and the next day we saw one rip past us. It was so fast I wouldn't have even known what it was if she hadn't told us.

Steve and Matt were super informative. They are the managers, and they are REALLY passionate about making their place the best it can be. Matt especially took the time to talk about his work. He really knows a lot about running hotels. I'd totally have his babies.

I was also surprised by the cleanliness of the rooms! They were cleaner than my clothes. They were cleaner than the inside of a cap on a bottle of unopened detergent. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RAINFOREST, they were this clean. They must be magicians. It was a great getaway, and I'd really recommend it for people looking for a place to relax!
Bear in mind, this was the wet season. It can only get better. Kayak trips and beach fires are next on my agenda there!!!

Room Tip: The trick to getting a good room is to book one.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I printed this review out and distributed it to the team.

Thanks heaps - I do not think there is anything in the water, its just the people here are so great at what they do - they love where they work and live and it shows.

We are all about our staff - being on the beach is not enough - and its the staff that are The Beach House - and its these comments that make them know they are doing a great job!
Busan, South Korea
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Staying at the Cape Trib Beach House was such a great experience! My husband and I loved the rainforest setting, it's unlike any place we've ever stayed. I really appreciate nice ambiance when dining so I really liked the lantern lit restaurant. The food and wine were lovely too!
We stayed in our own cabin with ensuite bathroom and it was perfectly equipped. It was great to curl up on the huge bed and read a book while it rained outside.
To top off the whole experience was the incredible staff! We were welcomed like family and by the end of our stay, it was sad to have to say goodbye. Matt, David and Steve showed us a great time and we really enjoyed getting to know them!
We feel very fortunate to have had such a memorable time! Thank you Cape Trib Crew!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Tribulation
#1 of 5 in Cape Tribulation
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
Cape Trib Farmstay B&B
#2 of 5 in Cape Tribulation

Been to Cape Tribulation Beach House? Share your experiences!