“More a day tour then a night one ! Disappointing!”

Jungle Adventures Night Walk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The early bird may get the worm, but in the rainforest, night owls have all the fun. Meet the Daintree’s fascinating nocturnal locals in the largest, nartural open-air exhibit you’ve ever seen. A Jurassic world where snakes and sleeping birds, bats and bandicoots, spiders, insects and dragons skulk in the shadows. Join the night shift with our two-hour guided walk, leaving at 7:30pm from Cape Tribulation. Bookings Essential.
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This walk was more suited as a day tour then a night one. Learned lots on plants and trees but barely anything on the nocturnal species of the area !! Even if there wasn't anything to see at least talk about what's out there instead of the greenery. Any chance we had of seeing anything vanished after the guide starting playing the didgeridoo midway through the tour. On the positive there was a couple cool sights but overall not a great experience.

1  Thank kristaSean

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

When was the last time you walked in the second largest rainforest in the world at night with an experienced tour guide? Definitely give it a try, might not be for everyone but it is an enjoyable walk.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

After reading some of the other reviews after getting back from Cape Trib, I am truly surprised by others reactions! Yes it is $40 but personally, we thought it was well worth the money! Although the tour groups are around 10/12 people, if you are a person of average fitness then you will be able to keep up with the guide and will learn so much from your tour it is unbelievable! I would not recommend this for families with young children as it is a real rainforest tour, not a boring broadwalk! We were led on rough tracks through the rainforest by Rael (sorry if I spelt that wrong), a younger guy whose knowledge on the rainforest and the plant life was second to none. As this is a true section of the rainforest, animals are not guaranteed, this is the wild not a zoo!! Our guide told us stories of how the indigenous people used the land and what the trees were all used for within their everyday life and even finished up by giving an eerily beautiful performance on his didgeridoo which he had stashed in the trees! Overall, this was one of the highlights of our holiday and will be recommending it to others.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We did a night time jungle walk with this company organised through PK’s. This was expensive and really was just a walk in the forest after dark. If you tried to stop to look for wildlife you got left behind. My wife spotted the only 2 animals (a snake and a lizard) that we saw in the 1.5 hour walk. The guide simply led the way and told some scripted stories about the trees and the flora. I gather that the night walk from the Crocodylus Village Hostel is meant to be good but we didn’t try that one. Just don’t waste your time and money on this one.

1  Thank D N
Reviewed March 27, 2013

There were 12 people on this walk, one experienced guide and one guide-in-training. This was simply too many people. When they did spot any wildlife (spiders, toads and small reptiles) it was sometimes difficult for everybody to see the creature and to take photos due to the number of us. And as you walked along (generally in single file) if you weren't next to a guide you missed out on stuff they were saying (the experienced guide was very knowledgeable).
I don't see any massive advantage of doing this walk at night, I suspect the main reason they do it at night is cos they are busy with their jungle surfing business etc in the daytime!
I preferred walking (guided or unguided, doesn't matter) in the daytime where you can see all the colours and the sun streaming though the trees etc and I think it's easier to spot and photograph wildlife etc.
I'm not personally against killing animals - I eat meat, i squash insects that are in my flying in my face or whatever - but I was surprised when they took pleasure in whacking a toad against a tree to kill it in the presence of my vegetarian friend (and possibly others) who were too shy to protest. I appreciate that the toad is a pest to many other species but still poor judgement I think!
The tour was OK but I felt for $40 it was not good value.

1  Thank scottishwanderer