“Amazing ride, Amazing horses, Amazing guides”

Cape Tribulation Horse Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience a real horse ride in the heart of Cape Tribulation. Emmerse yourself in the breath taking scenery of mountains, beaches, creeks and rainforests. If you're lucky you might even spot a croc or cassowary! Here at Cape Trib horse rides we allow everyone (even beginners!) to trot and slow gallop their horse at times throughout the 2 hour ride.please come and take the ride.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have just returned from a 3 day trip to Cape Trib. My friends and I have been talking about booking the horse riding trip for months and I am so happy we finally did it.
There were 6 of us in our group, some guys had never been on a horse before, some once before and one a bit more experienced. The guys were great the matched you up with what horse suited your ability. I had Ned who was a pleasure to ride, I had not been on a horse for nearly 20 years but i was like riding a bike, I didn't even have to give him any encouragement when we cantered along the beach; he just took off he was amazing. The other beginner horse's were amazing and took good care of their riders :)
Flo, Emma and Erin and the amazing little guy who works on the weekend were fantasic. So friendly and put everyone at ease. Their love for the horses and passion for their jobs and helping people enjoy the experience what ever their ability was so evident. We all felt safe in their capable hands.
The ride was through stunning rainforest and along the beach, we trotted through the rainforest and canter along the beach. We all left with huge smiles on our faces, we all really enjoyed the trip and I will defiantly go back and book another ride. Its a must do if you have always wanted to go riding for the first time, even if you are and experienced rider its a must do!!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

The horse riding was a bit spontaneous on my behalf and I was a little unsure being a first time rider. Our guide, Steve, quickly put my mind at ease. He went through the basics and matched us up to the horses according to our riding experience. It was a great way to see parts of Cape Trib away from the road and tourist paths. The rain forest area is beautiful. The key to enjoying this tour is to be honest about your riding ability and communicate how you are feeling. Whether you're a beginner or experienced rider, it's a great way to practice riding and exploring the rain forest and taking in the fresh air along the beach. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Great, go horse-riding here, you go through the jungle, galop on the beach.. feel free in an easy-horseback ride!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Today we achieved something very unique. We took the 'experienced ride' at Cape Trib Horse Rides and had the most enjoyable time. Steve, the host, is a very honest, easy to talk to, 'respectful of his horses' bloke.
We cantered along the whitest of beaches, loose rein on very smooth horses. We then headed into the age old rainforest and rode amongst the greenist, thick foliage with unbelievable heavy canopies. The water ways were crystal clear, the forest trails magical and to top it off we had lunch surrounded by an almost prehistoric type setting with magnificent mountains and forests.
We also enjoyed some lovely canters on the flats here. What a way to experience the Daintree. I learnt so much that day from the back of a my horse. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I went for a 2 hour ride with Steve & his staff on 17 March, 2012. As we were both total novices, we were both quite nervous around horses but Steve was very re-assuring and put us at ease by picking out some trustworthy and docile horses for us (Morgan & Elton). We were the only customers on the ride which made for a much more personal experience.
We rode through rainforest,along the beach and through lush paddocks. We saw a lot of beautiful scenery and we also had 3 opportunities to 'canter' the horses, which was terrifying at first but turned out to be a lot of fun. Steve gave us helpful tips along the way that would help us ride and canter more comfortably, and these tips made all of the difference. Being able to canter the horses really made this experience worthwhile, as you feel like a 'real' rider.
Steve had great stories to tell and was informative without being a non stop talker - we got the chance to learn about the area and the horses without having information shoved down our throats! He was also more than willing to take photos of us on the horses which was much appreciated. Overall, Steve & his staff were lovely and this experience is very much recommended. Also worth a mention is Steve's adorable and friendly little dog!

1  Thank MrsJHogan86