“Great for all horselovers”

Cape Tribulation Horse Rides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience a real horse ride in the heart of Cape Tribulation. Emmerse yourself in the breath taking scenery of mountains, beaches, creeks and rainforests. If you're lucky you might even spot a croc or cassowary! Here at Cape Trib horse rides we allow everyone (even beginners!) to trot and slow gallop their horse at times throughout the 2 hour ride.please come and take the ride.
Leuven, Belgium
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great for all horselovers”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We booked this trip via Cape Trib Beach House, it was a calm period so it was just the 2 of us with 3 crewmembers. It was a great trip! First we went to the beach and then we made a tour in the rainforest. The staff is really friendly and the horses are very gentle, even if you don't have experience you can do this trip! We recommend it!

Visited November 2011

Canberra, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horse Riding at Cape Tribulation”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is one of the best things to do at The Cape. Horses are gentle and calm and the staff are extremely sensitive and helpful. A great experience. As someone who was petrified of horses, I would highly recommend this activity - just brilliant

Visited October 2011
Emerson, New Jersey
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“Can't beat cantering on the beach”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My wife is a big animal person and loves to go horse riding when we go on vacation. On our tour of New Zealand and Australia we had lots of opportunities to go horse riding in different locations. One thing that we hadn't done before is horse ride on the beach. We came across the Cape Trib Horse rides in our research.

We were staying in Cairns and drove up to Cape Trib for the day. This made the pick-up a little awkward because they don't have a facility that you can drive to. So they suggested that we get picked up at PK's Village since it was the closest. The email said that we should be a half hour early, but another couple getting picked up at the same location was told 15 minutes early. And then they picked us up about 15 minutes late. I'm guessing another group that they picked up must have been a little late. After that everything went pretty smoothly. There were 8 of us to two guides so a pretty small group. Once at the ranch we were given horses based on our experience and relative size. We got a short course on how the guide the horses, given helmets and off we went.

The majority of the ride was a typical walking nose to tail type trail ride. The ride on the beach was nice, but the rest of the ride was ok. I think I thought there would be more jungle to it. I really did enjoy the cantering and trotting that we did. I was definitely a little saddle sore the next day, but it was worth the thrill of speeding down the field on horseback. We took one short stop on the trip for cookies and drinks. I actually lost my sunglasses on one of our cantering spots and the guide went back and found them for me. I really appreciated that.

Overall a very good riding experience. The horses were pretty good and I had a lot of fun. The scenery gets a pretty good.

Visited September 2011