“Amazing”

Paddletrek Kayak Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Half day guided sea kayaking tours where the rain forest meets the reef. Explore Cape Tribulation's tropical beaches, reefs, and mangroves. Spot marine wildlife like turtles, stingray and dugong. Enjoy spectacular views of the Daintree coastline and learn about this unique environment. Choose from a half day guided morning or afternoon paddle. No experience is required but a moderate amount of fitness is recommended. Tuition and all equipment is provided including sturdy single and double sit-on-top kayaks. Children age six and upwards are welcome to join their parents.
Edmonton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had Dwyght as our guide and he was so amazing. He was so friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We went on the morning trip and it was perfect, early enough that it wasn't too hot so it was very enjoyable. All around an amazing trip, beautiful views and not too hard work. Absolutely recommend this tour if you are even thinking about it.

• Hebrew first
Sydney, Australia
“Great fun Kayaking!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My girlfriend and I recently kayaked around Cape Tribulation with PaddleTrek on an afternoon trip and had a great time! Dwight was an excellent tour guide and as a nature enthusiast he loved to explain the history of the Daintree rainforrest, the sea-life and the Daintree's flora and fauna.

We were fortunate enough to spot a Turtle whilst kayaking and a variety of crabs on the beach. I'd definitely recommend this as one of the to-do activities at Cape Tribulation.

Tokyo, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacular time even in the rain!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I did my tour in the low season (ie rainy season), so I was the only person for the day. I was slightly concerned it would be cancelled due to the rain, but Peter came to pick me up and was just as ready to go out in the rain as I was. The first half of the trip it rained and then it cleared up for the second half with beautiful fresh views of the rainforest. We even pulled out of the ocean and paddled for a while up a stream and back. My guide was extremely knowledgeable and led a great tour.

Visited February 2014
Astrid012, Owner at Paddletrek Kayak Adventures, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thanks Kathryn, it's great to hear you had a good time even in the rain. We do think the wet season is a beautiful time of year to be here.
Torrance, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun Morning Kayaking”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed kayaking around Cape Tribulation. We were staying at the Cape Trib Beach House which is the location of these kayaks, so that was very convenient! We had 2 per kayak for the 4 of us. They provide waterproof bags that you can put your camera in while paddling. It was nice to have the camera during our stop when exploring the mangroves and the beach. We actually saw a sting ray in the water by the mangroves.

My son actually saw a Dugong! Too bad I was not near him at the time. I did manage to spot a turtle though. Plan to enjoy a great time paddling and enjoying the scenery and consider any animal sightings as a bonus. I wouldn't recommend if you just want to see animals...as you might or might not see any. And yes, the homemade cake was a nice surprise!

Visited December 2013
North Palm Beach, Florida
“Epic surf, amazing paddle”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Wife and I had an awesome morning trip with Pete. We left Cape Trib Beach House and paddled out to the shallow reef. From there, we "surfed" our way near the beach...though not too successfully since it does take some time to hone those skills. We followed that fun adventure by making our way around the Cape to Myall Beach where we got off and walked through the man groves for some interesting sight seeing. On our way back to the Beach House, we came across a pair of dolphin, and a sea turtle. Pete was great and took the time to coach us. Even though it was stinger season, we never felt unsafe. He explained that he was out there daily and hadn't seen the stingers in this season, so it made us feel comfortable about what seemed to be on everyone's lips as we made our way up to Cape Trib...the deadly stingers. We had a fantastic time, and recommend all in the area to look into this fun adventure.

Visited January 2014