“Wow. The best way to see the Total Solar Eclipse.”

Paddletrek Kayak Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Half day guided sea kayaking tours where the rain forest meets the reef. Explore Cape Tribulation's tropical beaches, reefs, and mangroves. Spot marine wildlife like turtles, stingray and dugong. Enjoy spectacular views of the Daintree coastline and learn about this unique environment. Choose from a half day guided morning or afternoon paddle. No experience is required but a moderate amount of fitness is recommended. Tuition and all equipment is provided including sturdy single and double sit-on-top kayaks. Children age six and upwards are welcome to join their parents.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Pete and Dwight were fantastic guides, taking us out onto the Coral Sea off Cape Tribulation to view the eclipse. A beautiful way to explore the Daintree region, paddling out and looking back to see the majestic mountains. Brilliant.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Loved this activity!! We had a fantastic guide (Peter - I think) who was chilled and friendly from the get go. Although we didn't see much sea life (not really the point of us doing this activity), we loved being able to paddle in the ocean and look back at the amazing landscape. Our guide could see we were clearly experienced and permitted us take on a few larger waves around the corner of the bay - totally awesome! We also got to have homemade chocolate cake and juice half way into the paddle. The guide was really knowledgable about the area and debunked some of the myths about crocodiles. One of the better activities on offer in Cape Tribulation.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Another thumbs up for Dwyght! We're good paddlers but did the tour instead of self guided rental. TOTALLY worth it - Dwyght was super friendly, knowledgeable and took us to see turtles, dolphins, and a mangrove tour. Dwyght managed our group very well which included first time paddlers. Do it :-)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I chose to go on the Paddletrek Kayak Adventures to be able to have a different view on the Rain Forest. I had done the walks. I was up to something different. And it was absolutely worth it.
I was a bit worried because I have no strength in my arms , but I managed to paddle ....slowly. but it's a chilled out tour, not a race, so it's good for everyone. It's harder to go around the Cape as the waves are stronger but the staff is there to help you (doesn't mean you can stop paddling though ! you still have to work).
We saw a few Turtles , and I saw Dauphins ! I wasn't expecting it so I got very excited.

Then you stop on a beach for an hour or so (we got to stay a bit longer as people had nothing else planned after the tour) . Our guide took us around the beach telling us about the wild life, the mangrove, the seeds and fruits around ... it was very interesting. After a swim we got back to the camp.

I highly recommend it ! Fun , different, interesting

Reviewed September 16, 2012

this was sooo much fun, there were only 2 of us and the instructor which was lovely. really recommend doing it if you can!!!