“Interesting but not a must do.”

Daintree Entomological museum
Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest Day Trip from Cairns or Port Douglas
More attraction details
Owner description: Jungle Bugs And Butterflies
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Not a highlight of the trip but still interesting. There was a fantastic collection of insects but not enough information available. The man responsible for the collection of all of the insects sounds like an amazing individual and it would've been great to to learn more about his expeditions. There's an opportunity to combine the information to create a great experience.

1  Thank Krissy_Keifer

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a must see even if you aren't too keen on insects.( They are dead so they can't hurt you). They have some very large, very interesting beetles, spiders, moths, stick insects, and so many more, in such a small museum. Look out for the mask that is made of beetles, insects and butterflies it is absolutely amazing.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I visited with my 7 year old son & 4 year old daughter. My 7 year old had been there on a school trip and raved about the guided tour, live insects and butterfly enclosure. The collection of insects in the museum was very impressive (though too high up for my 4 year old so I was constantly lifting her up!!) and my kids LOVED handling the live stick insects. The area by the creek is beautiful and I wish I had packed a picnic lunch as it is a perfect setting. But there were no butterflies in the enclosure when we went there which was a disappointment - not sure if that's a temporary or permanent situation.

It was good and my kids enjoyed it but I think it has the potential to be amazing. It would be good to have a specific 'Daintree Insects' display with a bit more info for the non-entomologist and expanding the Live Insects would be a winner...that was my kids (and my!) favourite bit...the way my son described the butterfly enclosure...I wish I could have seen that...would have been fantastic...Signage would be good too as if my son hadn't been there before I wouldn't have known to go to the creek or the butterfly enclosure....

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Interesting but quite small and admission fee was the same as Cooktown museum which we found more enjoyable. Good rainy day activity with live stick insects to hold

Reviewed November 27, 2012

If you're into entomology then you'll love this. Though there's not much information there the displays are stunning. We stayed for ages and would have stayed longer had we the time.
Even if you're not into insects as such the displays are still very beautiful to look at, makes you appreciate the outstanding beauty and variety of the insect kingdom.
The lady at the counter was friendly and helpful, and we thoroughly enjoyed being shown the live insects too.
This museum is a labour of love, and what this collector has acheived is remarkable.