“Filthy”

Shellharbour, Australia
“Filthy”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Disgusting!
we booked a lastminute deal for 3 nights, as we had friends up the road,expecting it to be half decent.We had arrived late due to flights and had to go elsewhere when we arrived,when we arrived back to our room in the early hours of the following morning ,i found dirty band aids in the shower,bin full of rubbish and when we pulled the cover back off the bed ,the sheets had not been changed,being no phone in the room we could not call management until the next morning.We complained and told them we would not be staying 3 nights,we left again and returned late again that night to a clean room and clean sheets. we left early the following morning .This place is terrible.Stay Away from this one.ugh!

Room Tip: Get someone to check it out before you book if you can
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Axel236

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Booked on line as look fantastic, had a funeral to go to, We went to the motel early to freshen up after travelling before the funeral. The room was disgusting to say the least. I approached staff in relation to the condition of the room. One offered another room, it was not any better. Paint flaking off ceiling , smoke detectors missing, no phones in rooms. She said she was only a cleaner and doing her job, she suggested to speak to the Manager/owner? He was too interested in his computer and basically said to the staff to look for another room. She mentioned she offered another but it also was in the same condition as the first. He would not believe me that the paint was flaking off the ceiling, she and to tell him it was. I asked for a refund, he was reluctant as he would lose his commission, I said lose the commission or I will report him to the health authorities. He soon gave me a refund!. Obviously he knows his hotel is "CRAP". The cleaning staff were lovely and thanked me for complaining, they try to tell him but he brushes them off... would never even think of letting my dog stay here!

Room Tip: DO NOT go there!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scrobos_mrs
David B, Manager at Buderim Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
In response to this I would like to state that we have many happy customers whom stay with us here. It is a budget motel, at budget tarrifs, and we offer a comfortable and clean room with lovely surroundings. There was a paint issue with this room and the customer was offered another room staraight away. The toilet rol holder and coke being in fridge is a fabrication. The customer was not a well person and we did offer a more suitable room to no avail. We offered a full refund.

Travelers are raving about these Buderim hotels

Forster, Australia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Discusting, room had paint flacking on ceiling, and some on floor, empty bottle of coke left in fridge, smoke detector on arm chair, and toilet roll holder on the floor in bathroom. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank scrobo1
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I had a three night stay at The Buderim Motor Inn, in July this year (2011), we found it to be more than adequate, clean, tidy, friendly.......As for the food, very good indeed........

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 495busbridge
Yeppoon, Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2011

As a basic premise of any abode to which you would pay to use....well, maybe, not cracked, loose ceiling tiles, a microwave to use that requires connection across the entry to the shower, a loose 2 inch screw that came from out of no where! There's a fine line between retro and 'lets get outta here'. Left early - before dawn - had enough. Poor verging on terrible. Good location through. Small improvements could make this a hip retro hotel like the Best Western Americana in San Fran.

Room Tip: Check if pool side actually is seeing the pool or the retaining wall to the pool area - if this is i...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank giantboy
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We were on a coach tour with a group of people. Rooms filthy, Beds not changed broken light fittings, bath rooms not clean even had grass clipping in the shower/toilet area, bird nests in roof could see nest bits falling through gaps in ceiling, rooms smelt atrocious, cords running out of limited power sockets, They catered for the group out of there restaurant, for once I was glad to be served red rooster chicken as they could not even cook the potato bake, so don’t even bother to eat there. I have stayed in many motels/hotels over the years and some are pretty rough but this one would take the top prize for the worst. Needs bulldozing, not even worth spending 1 cent on.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank brett p
Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I live near the motel and came home one day to find I was locked out, so I went to the motel. Even though it was midnight, the owner unlocked the doors and woke up to check me in, which I appreciated.

The room was small, but clean. It had a fridge and a new-looking TV, which I didn't use. The bathroom was also clean and had fresh towels. I didn't have any problems with the carpet like other reviewers mentioned.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank EmilyRose93
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buderim
Pacific Palms Motor Inn
River Esplanade Motel
River Esplanade Motel
#11 of 16 in Mooloolaba
BIG4 Forest Glen Holiday Resort

Been to Buderim Motor Inn? Share your experiences!