“Now at yatch club better venue” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Food Freaks

Food Freaks
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Bowen
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Townsville, Australia
“Now at yatch club better venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch on sat nice setting, a lot better to be able to sit and watch the water and boats coming and going and craig the chef & owner did his usual we had the classic seafood dish lovely cooked perfect and the salad was fresh and really enjoyed the dressing the fillet of fish was rather on the small side for the price would like to see a bigger potion but other than that really enjoyed the meal, we also went for breakfast and had the most perfectly cooked eggs and we love the canadian breakfast yummy, and have the best coffee, only one fault i find is that they refuse to give you any choice of the menu if there is something u dont like or eat they wont change it for something else to replace that item or you cant order your own combination, would like to see a bit of flexibilty with this or bring back the pancake & canadian bacon that was delicious, but in all worth the visit

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were originally going to visit Food Freaks on my birthday as a treat, but guess which couple of days it fell on? The re-location days! So we went a little later than originally planned, but it was worth the wait.
Although I feel Food Freaks opens a little late for breakfasts now; 10:30, we were assured that it was still a place to go. I ordered the Big Brekkie which some friends had had before and recommended to me as a Brit.
The plate arrived and though it looked a little small, it was pilled high and the more I ate, the more was revealed!! The local sausages were some of the best I've ever had as a component to the Full English and the eggs (cooked how you want, scrambled, poached or fried) were delicious scrambled on my toast!
My one criticism would be the store-bought hash browns, though many breakfast places I've been to fail to even have them on the menu so I was happy to have some!! I'd also say, that especially for the price, perhaps a cup of tea should be included in the breakfast? It could just be my backpacker ways, but as delicious as the food was, I'd be happier paying a little less for it.
The service was immaculate; the staff were friendly to us and explained to us when they were busy so we weren't standing around like lemons. They brought over a large bottle of chilled water to the table and had a fresh one there seconds after we'd finished the first.
I also tried my friend's mango milkshake which was very very good and another friend ordered Moroccan Eggs (called something like that) and praised them highly!
I'd say only that the food is a little expensive, otherwise they should change nothing, if you're having a treat meal then Food Freaks is where you're going to get high quality ingredients made into high quality meals. Go there!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Billy P
Aberdeen, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find for fresh food freaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Perfect stop for a Sanga and fresh juice. Stopped in Bowen for lunch and swim at nearby Horseshoe Bay. Food freaks was recommended and we were not disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank GMacDAberdeen_UK
Perth, Australia
“Food might be OK but attitude is a disgrace”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were passing through Bowen - on our way from Townsville to Airlie Beach on a Monday public holiday. The place was like a ghost town with apparently only a pub and Food Freaks open. As we didn't have time to have a full meal as offered by FF, I asked the lady behind the counter if there was anywhere that we could get a sandwich in town. Her response was "I don't know!" with an expression that said - if you don't want what I have I don't care. I responded " We are strangers in town and you work here, I thought you may be able to help us, sorry to have bothered you!" Poor Australia if that is how the restaurants in rural areas treat tourists. A very different and friendly response from the Driver Reviver group just outside Bowen who gave us coffee and cookies free and were interested in us as people. Lady at Food Freaks a message for you - it takes very little effort to be polite - you may have even sold us a salad if you had suggested it as an alternative to a sandwich!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Memsahib
Brisbane, Australia
“Food on par with the big names in the game”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Checked out the place since we were going to have a wedding reception there. The food we were served left nothing to wish for. It actually was better than what we had in up market places in Melbourne.Plus the Grandview in Bowen needed some serious competition.

• Visited May 2013