Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2012

A lovely spot to enjoy the beauty of the Coral Sea. Very peaceful with the sound of the sea to lull you to sleep. Our one bedroom suite was very well appointed with everything we needed to prepare our own meals. Just a 5 minute drive to the centre of Bowen but remote enough to feel as though you're getting away from it all.

Room tip: The rooms with sea view are not to be missed!
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sb_mcarthur
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This resort is actually a small apartment block in the pretty enclave of Rose Bay.
Our one bedroom apartment was spacious, well furnished, clean and probably the best designed one bedroom apartment I've seen.
There was a large balcony out side the bedroom and loungeroom which allowed us to enjoy the wonderful views across the water to the Whitsundays. The small beach is across the lawn directly in front of the apartments and the whole area is peaceful and quiet.
It should be noted that it can be windy here as the apartments face south towards the prevailing winter windsThis is a very picturesque place in an attractive small town. Don't expect a tourist centre like Airlie Beach or Port Douglas - Bowen is much smaller and more laid back.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family and I stayed here in August 2011. Loved staying here! Beautiful apartments...we stayed in the 2 bedroom Penthouse suite and it was well worth the money. Stunning Views from the balcony. The resort isn't like a real resort with a bar and restaurant but we were willing to overlook that and the apartments are fully self contained anyway. It is just beautiful to stay here, it even has its own Bay for the kids to explore. As we were on the top floor we had stunning views and were even fortunate enough to witness a nearby wedding taking place. A bit out of the way but if you have a car its no problem.

Date of stay: August 2011
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Very happy with my stay. It has been a while since I went to sleep and woke to nothing else but the sound of the waves outside of my window. Very quiet and tidy place. Service was exceptional. If you are looking for a place to have a loud drinking/parting weekend, I would suggest you find somewhere else, as this place is too tranquil to spoil.

I can see that another reviewer says that there are no ‘resort facilities’ on site and it is correct. When I was making a reservation I wanted a good quality bed, with crisp linen, ability to check in at midnight (since we were driving) and NO kids running around at the crack of dawn. And I have got it all. There is a beach right at the front of the property, but it is rater secluded so the only time when I actually was able to hear kids play was well into the afternoon. I also wanted plenty of walking/hiking tracks around the place where I was staying. I am a very athletic person in late 20s, who values great night sleep, clean room and comfy (hard) bed.

I would defiantly stay there again because of the size and distance form town.

Room tip: Rooms facing the bay are the best for waking up to a gorgeous sunrise
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Rose Bay Resort many times and every time the service has been amazing, the rooms are very modern with lovely furnishings, amazing views of the bay from the balcony (even been lucky enough to see whales from their). The staff are very friendly and helpful. For a peaceful and relaxing place to stay, Rose Bay Resort is the place to go.

Room tip: Any room is a good room as they all have views of Rose Bay.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Fitzy05
RoseBowen, Owner at Rose Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you enjoy your times here at Rose Bay Resort and we look forward to your next visit.

PS
Only a couple more months and the Whales will be back.

Cheers Paul