“Exclusive dining and accommodation”

The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boonah
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Other guest responses did not prepare my husband and I for the experience and service we received. Individual white linen table service at dinner- no more than 4 couples for the whole resort. A 3 course meal that you would expect at a top restaurant in the city. The hosts Rob and Marina were attentive but not intrusive. Rob's idea for the Bunyip is that the guests are given top service but also privacy. Breakfast on the terrace of the Great Room was excellent, beginning with fresh orange juice and a fruit platter and ended in a broad selection of a cooked meal. The coffee was also divine. The apartment was modern and appointed with taste. I haven't mentioned the view!! Unbelievable. Clear skies gave us a great view of the sunset. We would love to return for another break away. Well done Rob and Marina.
Soleil

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth e

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed the Saturday nights for our 1 year anniversary and it was everything we could have hoped for. The view was magnificent, the rooms were modern, clean and well appointed, and the food was fantastic. We recommend you choose the Dinner and Breakfast option!

Marina and Rob (the owners) were extremely friendly and always happy to help. We definitely plan to go back at some point.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tassos B
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We've just come back from two nights at The Bunyip, what a perfect way to unwind in just a weekend. The accommodation is just beautiful, extra comfortable king bed and pillows with a view over the mountains. We had dinner both nights in the Great Hall, Rob and Marina cooked up the most delicious meals. Not having to even contemplate what to choose from a menu and the limited number of other guests just added to the relaxation. The bonfire out on the lawn was special surrounded by all the stars. We will be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank AD27LD
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in mid July and I must say I am very impressed with this place. I have stayed at other niche resorts before but this is by far the best I have stayed at. Not only was the place simply fantastic but the food Rob and Marina served up at breakfast and dinner was simply divine. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a romantic getaway to visit The Bunyip.

Room Tip: I'd definitely opt for having dinner the Bunyip. The food is simply divine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Henry W
TheBunyipRob, Owner at The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

It's a pleasure to have couples share their engagement celebration with us at The Bunyip. Good Luck Henry!

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the resort thoroughly. 5 star accommodation with spectacular views. The hospitality offered by the hosts is excellent. Highly recommended!

We had the 3 course dinner both nights on offer and the food, like the accomadation, is 5 star quality. We have never stayed in the country before, but will definitely return.

Craig and Pamela

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Craig05
TheBunyipRob, Owner at The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

It was indeed a special weekend. You guys "the newly weds" - M&L on their 41st wedding anniversary - H&J got engaged on Saturday night - M&A on their late babymoon and J&S just chillin... It is a pleasure for Marina and I to share little bits of your lives. Thankyou

Reviewed July 9, 2013

With apologies to our lovely host Rob this review is LONG overdue, as I actually stayed at the Bunyip back in March 2013. I am a frequent traveller who stays in luxury properties - and I generally don't write reviews - but this property made such an impression and has been on my mind so often since that even after all this time I just had to write.

I stayed at the Bunyip on my birthday before traveling to see friends in Warwick the following day. The location wouldn't have been my first choice for my birthday - but like so many things in life the most pleasant surprises are the most unexpected ones - this place is truly stunning.

The rooms are lovely - modern and functional furniture - only 4 rooms which makes for an intimate experience and we were lucky enough to have the place to ourselves. There would still be great privacy even if all were occupied. The Great Hall is an amazing space from which to take in the 180 degree experience. The views are genuinely breathtaking - I have stayed in amazing places but the vistas from the Bunyip are truly memorable and have stayed with me for months.

But without a doubt the best part of the stay was Rob's hospitality (Marina was away when we stayed). He is the ideal host - friendly and helpful without being at all intrusive - and an absolutely amazing chef. From what I can tell he can whip up almost anything on request. Hope he won't hate me for saying that. In my case my birthday dinner was my dream meal - a beautiful cheese souffle, BEEF WELLINGTON (my absolute favourite) and a delish chocolate cake to finish. The whole meal was decadent and divine and I could not have hoped for a more perfect birthday meal.

If I was in Brisbane rather than Sydney I would probably be here once a month. As you can tell I do dream of getting back some day when my schedule permits....

Room Tip: Only 4 rooms - all are great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smalltraveller
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked a midweek stay & we were lucky enough to have the whole place to ourselves! Beautiful room with quality amenities. Beautiful food cooked for us by the owners who are wondeu hosts. One of the best views & locations that I have had the pleasure of staying at.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank ashan43
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonah
Spring Creek Mountain Cafe and Cottages
Wiss House Bed and Breakfast
Spicers Hidden Vale
Spicers Hidden Vale
#1 of 1 in Grandchester

Been to The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort? Share your experiences!